turbo id plate

jimmetal84

Reaction score
Hi guys on my 2004 a4 1.8t bfb engine i saw the metal id plate on the turbo with the serial number and says ko3 also. i know its had a new turbo fitted according to service history but just wondering does this definately mean its a ko3 or is the ko3s still marked just with ko3?? All research so far leads me to believe its running a ko3s but now seeing that its chucked me again!! Haha. Any advice would be great

On the id plate i managed to get this info....
part no. 1000 030 004
oem no. 5303 210 0511
serial no. 12021605 (i think as was awkward to see)

any ideas people?

bfb is normally k03 the s came later, i have an s on mine but im going to go with a k04 at some point.

heres a good list ,yours is a kkk borg warner turbo
http://www.turbocompressori.net/dl_turbo_spare_parts.pdf

see page 5 about half way down

From memory a k03s is k03 casings with k04 internals

@Ovid thanks so much, was bugging me and couldn't be bothered to pull the tip off to count the fins! Haha. So basically in limited to about 190 ish bhp with a map, silicone tip and decat? Don't wanna be running the turbo to the max but want nice power and reliability mate. Am i pretty much on the right lines

Im going to decat mine in the next week or so ,my cat is U/S but ive heard reports that the MIL light will stay on on some , so its pot look i spose, to be honest 180bhp is more than enough outta thess cars , remember bhp is top end which you very very rarely use its torque you want , so get the mapper to play with torque more than bhp , torque is what pushes you there bhp is what keeps you there , so unless you drive to the south of france like i just did where you pay to play on the motorways with no bother from le plod, bhp is useless to you as we just dont have the roads to sit flat out.

Yeah in with you, im not bothered about pub talk haha shouting about bhp. My car is a family car with the missus driving most days but i just want it to have the low/mid range power as you say for back roads and just a bit more fun. Love the car and to say its only 163bhp i think its quite quick! Tbh

Fitting audi tt 225 black injectors makes a big difference, did it to mine and Gordy did it to his, cheap enough to buy off ebay and you will definitely fill more power and better economy i got wild mpg mileage cruising at 80mph on french motorways.40+ mpg with 4 ppl and a boot full of luggage!

Them injectors on standard engine? That's good to know. Thanks for the advice dude! What's the take on air filter? My teen days are coming back and i love the induction / diverter valve noise with a cone filter but i know most say to have stock air box don't they!

Audi and all motor manufacturers spend millions on developing induction systems so stick with standard it works fine, yes just get some audi tt 225bhp injectors and fit them , job done.

Awesome thanks for that tip. What makes the tt ones better then?

Bigger cc but not out of range, which then means no need for remap like using Greeny 440cc

TT 1.8t engine goes upto 225 whereas we only get 163.

This is injector code (thanks to Gordy) 06a906031bc

Thanks mate ill check a set out. Is there a noticeable improvement all round straight away then? Injectors, downpipe / decat, upgraded tip and map should make a nice motor then by sounds of it!? Wanna drop the front on b5 perches to level the arch gap out also

Gordy has those injectors 4 sale