hi from the east mids

spoons

Reaction score
hi all
been flicking through the forum and thought i had best register :yes:
own an a4 se 170 saloon b7 and was looking at the dpf delete info which helped me make my mind up to remove the dpf ( there was a couple of error codes and one was the p2002 dpf which put it in limp mode )
removed the dpf insides today ( decided not to cut and weld just gut the thing from the pipe hole) and must say its a different car, the error messages are gone for now which was nice but I'm getting a remap with deletes by r tech if there not too busy as there local.
mechanic by trade but don't touch cars unless its too costly not to like a dpf job
have a passat est pd also which i love to drive but the audi has a nice feel to it and does look nice too
anyway hi from spoons hope to meet a few and chat to members when i can
peace
spoons

Hi, :welcome!:to audi-sport.net. Don't forget to look in small events section for local meets. One coming up in Birmingham audi on 18th October add your name on list and meet others in your are. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Don't have the guts to remove DPF on my B8. Was told by a mechanic it would fail MOT if I did it.

my a4 went into limp home mode and threw up the usual egr and dpf messages p0404 & p2002
i was tempted to cut the dpf up like others do but decided to remove the material through the rear exhaust exit
this way there are no visible signs that its been cut open or tampered with in any way, in fact you will only tell its been removed if you used an inspection camera and went into the dpf chamber
both error lights have gone out for now so its running the best its ever ran at the moment with plenty of horses on tap
you can hear the turbo spool up a bit more but that could be addressed by modifying the intake to reduce spool noise
the turbo itself is fine i checked the tolerance and its well within normal operating spec
I'm under the impression that current mot tests do not include a dpf test and the last few cars i have owned have all had de-cat or dpf delete plus erg blanking and i have never had an mot issue as of yet (touches wood)
next step is a remap to keep off the lights and get the best from the brd
peace
spoons