power windows not working

Konstantin Kosev

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently bought a a3 3 door 1.6 fsi but my power windows are not working from the driver and passanger door buttons. They are only working from the remote. In VCDS
image.png

here where it is in red in my car is No. And i think this is the reason for why they are not working. Any ideas how can I enable this option.
Thanks again in advance.

Try with the door open and pull on the cable that runs thru the hinge area.

they don't work from the buttons on both door at all. they don't work with open door and if i press the button on the vcds in measuring i see changes ... so the computer understands i press the button but don't open it. From the remote if i long press the button for unlock the window goes down and if i long press the lock the goes up. from the buttons on the doors nothing happens. Only in measuring the computers sees that i press the button.
that's why i think that the answer is to enable the power window. But i don't know how. so i am asking if anyone knows....

Reason for my post above was to see if the wiring has gone faulty thru the door jamb area.

becouse in vcds in measuring the computer writes manual open and close when i press the button (but nothing happens) i
think that the wiring is ok.