Nearly back on the road....few minor issues lol

slowcoach3

Reaction score
Alright folks?!!
So had the S3 off the road for nearly two years, I've returned it mostly back to standard from the pretty beastly shape it was sadly :( it's been parked at my mechanics for 18 months and the ****** just had it flatbed deliveried back to me, turns out the reason he has never got round to getting it back on the road is he's been busy borrowing bits off it lol
Anyhow one of the things missing is the main ecu loom, ecu to engine bay, now my car is an apy S3 with a narrowband ecu, can I only use another apy loom or can I use any 1.8t loom?
Got loads more questions but they'll become more relevant when I get round to starting the old girl up!
Cheers for the help and hope you're all good, Russ

Reactions: Grale1
APY one is safest bet....subtle differences between models means more work, a wiring diagram and aptitude with electrics...

You might be able to adapt an early 225 TT (APX) but early A3 is AGU so no use whatsoever and everything else is wideband with extras

There should be a few being broken though... or get your mechanic to stump up.. :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: slowcoach3
Cheers tufty, sadly the mechanic is a c$#t so that won't happen! I'll keep an eye out for an apy then. I had hoped that a wideband loom would work but I'm terrible with electrics so it's not worth the risk :(