Automatic Headlights S3

DAC350

Reaction score
So I just got a new 2016 S3 prestige and love it. When I picked it up yesterday the lights were set to auto and they were off (daylight). Later in the day they turned on as they should. This morning though on my way to work they stayed on the entire time and it was bright out. I switched them to off, and back to auto and they still came back on. I've changed the settings to early, medium and late in the MMI but they still stay on. I'm not getting any errors on the dash, is there a setting I'm missing? I was basically the only car with it's lights on this morning, so I'm guessing with it set to auto they should have been off.

Thanks.

After you changed each setting did you turn everything off and back on?

I recall messing around with the auto dip side mirror and thought it wasn't working, then read that you had to move off over a certain speed for it to reset...or something daft like that!

Yeah, I've totally shut the car off and back on with the same result. I'm pretty sure if the sensor is bad it would through a code?!?

Thank you for the FAQ links. I guess I will check again at lunch and hopefully they stay off in auto.

From what you say it wasn't raining?
However be aware that the headlights will come on in daylight if the wipers are triggered via auto.

Well, I just checked and they are off. I'm guessing it's because I started the car in my garage/dark area this morning.

Reactions: S32B