Road Trip for BTCC Knockhill

Baldyone

Reaction score
1st service yesterday @ essex Audi Chelmsford. Nice whack in the wallet for £345 but I'm not complaining. Knew what to expect and it's taken 18months to hit the required 18000 odd miles. Buy the time the next ones due I will have changed car. I'm already toying with the configarator again :) New boots fitted on the front this morning from Jet Tyres @ £95 each for Goodyear F1's. Now (I'm in fact on my phone) But I should be packing the travel bag to throw in the boot and get on the way to the Midlands. Tomorrow we join a small but fun convoy to Mordoor. I'm getting carried away, actually going Knockhill for the Scottish round of the BTCC. Time for my A3 to eat some serious Tarmac......
If your going, make sure you drop by the Pirtek merchandise tent and buy stuff!!! I'm the tall bald good looking one often lurking (Helping) and always smiling (does that sound creepy? I'm not creepy lol!!).
Hears hoping for a safe & comfortable drive

Reactions: Sandra
People of Scotland you have a beautiful home to drive through! 315 miles today, taken slow because one of our number had a trailer but at 60ish MPH I got an indicated 72MPG WTF!!!!
A Focus towing arrived on fumes which was expected and a fiesta had 1/4 of a tank left. Me, 3/4's of a tank and an indicated 370miles left. I'll soon ruin that with no speed restriction (apart from the law of course) but that isn't bad at all. Driving an Audi isn't so expensive after all :)

Reactions: Sandra
Hope you packed the thermals as Knockhill is always freezing even when the suns out , Its SCOTLAND after all .
Have a good weekend ,Been a few times to btcc there, this year I will be watching on tv .

Reactions: Baldyone and Sandra
Have a great time at btcc. I'm usually at knock hill but my son is doing a triathlon tomorrow in the opposite direction:) x

Reactions: Baldyone
@Sandra good luck to your son. As good a reason not to be here as is possible I think. Weather was pretty good. A few dark clouds but the rain held off till 2, even then it was just drizzle. I won our karting event too...Get in!!!!
Parked beside a Daytona A4 with black pack. Gave me a chance to compare as mines chrome/silver. I know it's completely personal but I'll be sticking with chrome. Now I just need to see a Daytona against sepang in the metal before I decide for certain which to have next?
As for Knockhill, I love this track! Great atmosphere and short intense circuit. Looking forward to some good racing but no NH or S3 this weekend.

And I've still got over half a tank!! Got me questioning if I really want to change for a petrol hungry S3? (Questioning but the answer is still a big YES )
This little diesel is a gem!

People of Scotland you have a beautiful home to drive through! 315 miles today, taken slow because one of our number had a trailer but at 60ish MPH I got an indicated 72MPG WTF!!!!
A Focus towing arrived on fumes which was expected and a fiesta had 1/4 of a tank left. Me, 3/4's of a tank and an indicated 370miles left. I'll soon ruin that with no speed restriction (apart from the law of course) but that isn't bad at all. Driving an Audi isn't so expensive after all :)View attachment 66692

Middle lane hogger.

@Sandra good luck to your son. As good a reason not to be here as is possible I think. Weather was pretty good. A few dark clouds but the rain held off till 2, even then it was just drizzle. I won our karting event too...Get in!!!!
Parked beside a Daytona A4 with black pack. Gave me a chance to compare as mines chrome/silver. I know it's completely personal but I'll be sticking with chrome. Now I just need to see a Daytona against sepang in the metal before I decide for certain which to have next?
As for Knockhill, I love this track! Great atmosphere and short intense circuit. Looking forward to some good racing but no NH or S3 this weekend.
Thank you. He doing it for British Heart Foundation. He did last few years as well.