Roof Lacquer peel - 11plate A3

Bramley

Reaction score
Hey Guys

So just noticed the roof has a shed load of lacquer peeling on it.

It is only an 11 plate, where do I stand with Audi??

The rear bumper has also got a faded section where the lacquer looks to have come off.

Cheers

You got a pic?

I thought the Audi paint warranty was around 6yrs but a quick google suggests it's only 3...

If it's not too bad you might be able to polish it out, but impossible to say without seeing.

as you can see its quite bad

Attachments

• P1000444.JPG
    P1000444.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
  • P1000447.JPG
    P1000447.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 191
Yea that is pretty bad...

Where did you buy it from? If it was an Audi Approved Used car then I would definitely take it to them.

If not, would go to a couple of good body shops near you and get their opinion. If they say to respray it, you might as well have a go with polishing it and see if you get any results. If not, go for a respray.

I have emailed the dealer I got it off, not an audi dealer but they have been very good with other scratches I asked to be taken out when bought the car, shame I didnt see this when a bought it, must've thought it was water marks.

I have also just come off the phone to Audi main dealer and they say they have to do a full report on it and if the paint readings are to factory spec then they can submit a case to Audi to have a respray

Sounds promising. Hope it gets sorted!

Sounds promising. Hope it gets sorted!

Well that was easier than I thought.

Just come off the phone to the dealer I bought the car from - Redline Specialst Cars in Knaresborough North Yorks - and they have agreed to sort it, no problems at all!!

Very good service, much recommended