Speaker upgrade

freezebox

Reaction score
The subwoofer in particular in my 8P sportback isn't as bassy as I would like, I was wondering how I would go about installing a new amp and subwoofer? I am a COMPLETE NOOB to this audio stuff and have no idea what kind of money I would need to spend and what needs to be done.

You'd need a subwoofer driver, box and an amplifier

I can help with this but would need to know things like what kind of music you listen to, your budget etc

Where are you based?

You'd need a subwoofer driver, box and an amplifier

I can help with this but would need to know things like what kind of music you listen to, your budget etc

Where are you based?

I mainly like listening to hip hop/rap. Drum and bass. Based in preston, budget is £300 max. I really liked the look of andy macs stealth subs but sadly hes passed away

The Radio World sub boxes in above post #3 are excellent .

Just make sure you match a sub with the box's internal volume.

I've never used that Radio world box, but as above match the volume the sub requires to the volume of the box remembering to deduct the displacement of the sub itself.

You then need an amplifier (with high level input if you have a factory radio) that matches the RMS power capability of the sub you choose, or is more than the rated power of the sub.

You'll also need some sound deadening material and an amp wiring kit.