non-smoker pack retrofit questions... (again ?)

BaldArmo

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 3 months into the world of S3's however I'm looking to perform the non-smoker pack retro fit, getting rid of the ash tray in the centre console and the cigarette lighter etc in my late-2012 S3 Sportback... It's a Black Edition, Ice Silver, S-Tronic with the interior in soul (black) if that helps (I suppose I should post a pic in the photos thread!). I'm enjoying the experience a lot and have been watching these forums for a month or so with great interest...

So, having hunted around there are some well documented front tray swaps but not many talking to the cigarette lighter swap, so I believe I need..

8P0 863 301 A 4PK - the non smoker tray that sits under the centre console
8P0 863 387 A 6PS - flip up cover and 12v socket

I was under the impression that the 12v socket was integrated with the flip up cover and it was a simple straight swap with the existing cigarette lighter (is it really a simple prise out/push in or do I need to take the whole central tunnel out like on the RS4 starter button mod ?).

I've found a parts request (#FSNHSCMV) that seemed to suggest it isn't and that a 12v socket plus a clamping sleeve were also required along with the flip up cover housing (whatever the clamping wire is for and used ?).. I want to get a shiny new socket and a cleaner look with the flip up lid if I'm going to go to the trouble of a non-smoker pack retro fit.

The other option, from the RS4 starter button mod, appears to be..

8E0 863 284 E 5PR - compartment for centre console with cigarette lighter and switch mounting (soul black)

which looks like an all-in-one answer although the socket looks to be at the back but that could be easier.

Can someone help clarify what I need for this please ?

In addition to this, the rear rubbish bin insert (or is it also an ash-tray ?) at the back of the centre console behind the centre arm rest is damaged so I would like a new one of those too, is that 8P0 857 961 A 6PS ?

One final question, I see a number of folks advise to take the grab handles off to swap the front ash-tray out for the larger tray. Is there not enough 'wiggle room' to push the non-smoker tray in if the final bolts under the air con are the only bolts left in place ? I'd like to avoid removing the trim around the hazard warning button and hence the aircon control unit if I can...

lots of questions and thanks in advance for any help/experiences with any of this.... the next step will obviously be a parts request !