1.4 tfsi (150) c.o.d questions.

Benjwilcox07

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am lucky enough to be picking up my new a3 next week. S line spec in glazier white with the 1.4 tfsi cylinder on demand 150 engine. I will be looking to make a few subtle mods to the car, but cannot seem to find much about said engine on the forum, so was hoping you guys could help :)

Are there any induction kits on the market? They all seem to be for the 1.8 or 2.0 tfsi engines!
Same as above but for recirculating dump valves?
Do wind deflectors exist for the sport backs? I am struggling to find any.

I am reading a lot about the tuning boxes. Do these need updating if adding exhaust or induction kits? Does anyone have experience of the tuning box and throttle controller?

Sorry if these questions are out of people's taste modification wise :)

All replies greatly appreciated!

Congrats on the new car! Not long to go!

There are likely some out there. Forge Motorsport list a few products under the A3 1.4 category if I remember correctly. Think one of their BO valves was listed for that engine. If your changing the exhaust your probably better off getting the ECU remapped so it can make better use of what a less restrictive exhaust makes available. Induction kits don't add huge gains so no need to consider a remap if your just changing an intake! Some make the turbo slightly louder and other have negative impacts on airflow so sometimes it's better to let the stock ones do what they do!

Of course if you do buy anything, contact the company supplying it first to ensure it will be suitable for your vehicle! Don't always trust the compatibility charts on the product pages!

Inductions kits only add noise and little performance gains, if any. Best off getting a tuning box for the money...

Inductions kits only add noise and little performance gains, if any. Best off getting a tuning box for the money...
I like the additional turbo noise though. Always enjoyed the carbonio CAI.

A few people from here have the APR Carbon intake installed on their S3 from memory. Might be a few topics around that indicate what they thought of it. Not hugely louder than the stock system though if I recall their comments!

If its noise you want, maybe see if anyone has a muffler delete for the turbo in your car? I know there is one by APR for the S3..makes a little more noise by removing the turbo restrictions on the outlet.