2.7tdi

Lannerz27

A4 avant black edition white
Reaction score
Afternoon guys
I am selling my a3 sport back and looking into a a4 avant s line I was after the either 140 or 170 bhp.
I have had a phone call saying they have a 2.7 avant black edition I know the other 2.0 tdi engines are poss better on fuel and cheaper tax does anyone own the 2.7 tdi and tell me what fuel consumption your getting please? Cheers Kyle

I've got a 2.7 tdi avant & we get about 32-33mpg but we mainly use it for short trips we had an A3 3.2 before & that only used to get about 22-23 mpg I know the 2.0 are better on fuel but I do like a V6.

Hi Lannerz27,
i have a 2.7tdi B8 Avant and the max I get around the doors is 32mpg with very carful driving, 29-30 with the odd right foot twitch.
on a motoray run I have been getting 45 mpg though which is good.
mine is the 190bhp engine and its so quick as standard and sounds awesome in sport mode when its near the redline.
I had a B6 2.0tdi Passat before this and would get 55mpg on motorways and 38-40 around the doors so its step down in that respect but the 2.7 engine is much quieter and more refined than the 2.0. also has a chain so no timing belt to worry about either.
I think you should go for it, im sure you wont be disappointed.

Hi Lannerz27,
i have a 2.7tdi B8 Avant and the max I get around the doors is 32mpg with very carful driving, 29-30 with the odd right foot twitch.
on a motoray run I have been getting 45 mpg though which is good.
mine is the 190bhp engine and its so quick as standard and sounds awesome in sport mode when its near the redline.
I had a B6 2.0tdi Passat before this and would get 55mpg on motorways and 38-40 around the doors so its step down in that respect but the 2.7 engine is much quieter and more refined than the 2.0. also has a chain so no timing belt to worry about either.
I think you should go for it, im sure you wont be disappointed.
What u roughly getting to a tank of fuel mate?

I've got a 2.7 multitronic. Get anything between 400 - 470 mile per tank which costs about £70 to fill up.

I've got a 2.7 multitronic. Get anything between 400 - 470 mile per tank which costs about £70 to fill up.
I think I will wait for a 2.0 to come up cheers guys