yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Pick mine up in just over an hour :yahoo:

Reactions: Terminator x, AudiNutta, zaka7 and 2 others
Unfortunately I'm picking it up at 5pm and then handing it over to the detailer at 6. Won't get to have much fun till I get it back on Saturday morning.

Had mine 2 weeks now. Love it. Driven it pike a nun as running it in. Call me old fashioned i dont care. Done 450 miles so far.

Reactions: AudiNutta
After what felt Like forever it jumped to at dealer ( no date change when it went in transporter in uk) for days

Called dealer all excited, waited hours for a callback, only to be told they don't know if Its actually arived
How frustrating. Nearly close enough to touch

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sounds like mine has come forward to week 48, however it’ll be one of those that sits in a compound until March 1st. Still can’t track its progress so relying on updates from the salesman.

My dealer has said that VWFS have been carrying out a stock take through October at UK ports, explaining the delay of getting cars out.

Your RS 3 Sportback is expected to begin construction on 15th January 2018.”

Sweeeeeeeeeeet :racer:

Reactions: Terminator x, cyberazy and D0C
My BW started on the 30th Oct, the same day the tracker updated to quality control.

Hope it leaves the factory soon.

Why wait? Your car will be sat in a compound for 2+ months getting build ups of moss etc in all the window rubbers. Forget that!

No rush for the car and might as well wait for the 18 reg as it does make a slight difference to residuals

It'll also be sat on my driveway for 2 to 3 years doing the same - it's my other half's daily driver that'll rack up circa 20k miles per annum. You'd have a heart attack if you saw how dirty her C63 is at the moment

No rush for the car and might as well wait for the 18 reg as it does make a slight difference to residuals

It'll also be sat on my driveway for 2 to 3 years doing the same - it's my other half's daily driver that'll rack up circa 20k miles per annum. You'd have a heart attack if you saw how dirty her C63 is at the moment

Mrs’ with a C63, nice!!

I couldn’t be that patient, I’d rather take a loss of a few hundred quid and have a couple months more use.

My build is the 13th November - originally expecting delivery on 4th March - now going to be early Jan at the latest. No way am I going to leave that at the dealer for 2 months - it would end up as their unofficial demonstrator (the car I test drove was in exactly that situation). Just imagine picking it up with 300 miles on the clock - they would argue standard delivery miles but you would know otherwise.

My build is the 13th November - originally expecting delivery on 4th March - now going to be early Jan at the latest. No way am I going to leave that at the dealer for 2 months - it would end up as their unofficial demonstrator (the car I test drove was in exactly that situation). Just imagine picking it up with 300 miles on the clock - they would argue standard delivery miles but you would know otherwise.

I'd be very surprised if that happens and suspect mine will be kept in a compound offsite. I've never taken delivery of a new car with more than 30 miles on the clock so would reject it if it were in the hundreds.

I'd be very surprised if that happens and suspect mine will be kept in a compound offsite. I've never taken delivery of a new car with more than 30 miles on the clock so would reject it if it were in the hundreds.

Surely if they did that’s its an opportunity to get a MASSIVE discount.

I suspect my car when it arrives may have to sit at the dealer for a couple of months as well - I wouldn’t be happy seeing it used as a demo car but if that extra mileage means the car costs less - then I would say if its a saving it’s worth it...

Likewise - maybe best to point that out to them upfront. Or have a look at the car when delivered and make a point of logging the mileage in front of them!

Surely if they did that’s its an opportunity to get a MASSIVE discount.

I suspect my car when it arrives may have to sit at the dealer for a couple of months as well - I wouldn’t be happy seeing it used as a demo car but if that extra mileage means the car costs less - then I would say if its a saving it’s worth it...
Not really - I ripped the **** out of mine on the test drive. Is that what you want with 70 miles on the clock?

They can’t do that and I’m sure you can make sure that they don’t. But yes, pick it up!!

Expect up to 50 on the RS, tested longer at the factory. Would be rare to pick up an RS3 with under 40 miles on the clock, but saw one at 28 the other day.

They can’t do that and I’m sure you can make sure that they don’t. But yes, pick it up!!
I am not sure you can control what the dealer does unless you grab the car off them asap - I will certainly be taking it off their hands as soon as it arrives - we will be peeling the plastic off it together!

I am not sure you can control what the dealer does unless you grab the car off them asap - I will certainly be taking it off their hands as soon as it arrives - we will be peeling the plastic off it together!

I’m doing the same, they are leaving the plastic for me and the only reason it’s coming off before transport to PPF is to check for damage.

The official line from Audi UK is that RS3 does not require a "run in" period, just get it warm and enjoy.

Well fork me.... the car is on a ship!!!!!!! It updated at 1:04am :D :D :D :D

OH MY GOD :D

One ship just got to Grimsby, one is on the way!

Reactions: Colin A and Terminator x
If the car comes say sometime in February... is it possible for the dealers to store them for a month and delay the pick up, until a March plate?

Just thinking of the build dates come forward
Some have been known to wait months for the plate change!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

RS cars usually all close to 50 as they get tested more afaik.

TX.

Always worth waiting for a plate change. In general terms 65/16 and 66/17 plates results in 2 months depreciation.
I can appreciate waiting a few weeks but months is crazy imho!

TX.

The manual I have is generic A3 with RS stuff included. I was told by my dealer just to get the car nice and warm and enjoy. Just to be sure I had an online chat with Audi UK the agent went off to check and I was told there is no requirement to “run in” RS3. I have not yet been to the red line but I am not taking it easy either.

I think it's just a case of being sensible. And I always say it's not just the engine you are running in. Brakes, too etc. Anyway, 500 miles or so is no big deal...most people will do that in a fortnight!

BOOM! My replacement 8V is hitting the production line in January :yahoo:

Oh how I've missed the ups and downs of waiting for a shiny new RS to roll off the production line. It's a shame this one won't be quite as antisocial...

Right, now to rebookmark the 'Your Audi' and 'Marine Traffic' websites...

Reactions: Terminator x, AudiNutta and Alex L
BOOM! My replacement 8V is hitting the production line in January :yahoo:

Oh how I've missed the ups and downs of waiting for a shiny new RS to roll off the production line. It's a shame this one won't be quite as antisocial...

Right, now to rebookmark the 'Your Audi' and 'Marine Traffic' websites...

I was just about to say snap and then realised who the author of the post was....