Got me a liquid gauge......couple of questions

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
So I got a liquid gauge today, I plugged it in and went for a drive to check it out.

First thing I did of course was flip it to the BHP setting and set off on my 'spirited' drive. I was shocked to see that my gauge read 263bhp peak. That's certainly not normal. How accurate are these gauges? The only mods I've done are fit a welly cooler and replaced the stock turbo with a new one. I guess if these gauges are in any way accurate, then the previous owner must have had it mapped?? Which then gets me thinking. Could a dodgy map be anything to do with my cold starts issues which I've had since the car? (what seems like under/over fuelling until it's up to temperature, not boosting right) because I've pretty much replaced every bit of piping and sensor possible at this stage

My other question is this. I've seen on eBay that you can buy obd2 splitters. Would this work tucked behind the lower trim whilst keeping one end accessible for vcds?

So I got a liquid gauge today, I plugged it in and went for a drive to check it out.

First thing I did of course was flip it to the BHP setting and set off on my 'spirited' drive. I was shocked to see that my gauge read 263bhp peak. That's certainly not normal. How accurate are these gauges? The only mods I've done are fit a welly cooler and replaced the stock turbo with a new one. I guess if these gauges are in any way accurate, then the previous owner must have had it mapped?? Which then gets me thinking. Could a dodgy map be anything to do with my cold starts issues which I've had since the car? (what seems like under/over fuelling until it's up to temperature, not boosting right) because I've pretty much replaced every bit of piping and sensor possible at this stage

My other question is this. I've seen on eBay that you can buy obd2 splitters. Would this work tucked behind the lower trim whilst keeping one end accessible for vcds?

In my experience the liquid gauges tend to under read on power as they only go off air flow and don't take into account timing advance... Which is essentially power for nothing so long as it doesn't set off the knock sensors!

Either way, sounds to me like you're mapped. . .