Throttle valve angle %load in logs

rhinopower

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
What would be causing my load to drop to 50%? Foot is flat to the floor, ecu intervention, or mechanical issue?

Whats the timing doing at this point? Seems to be missing from the data you have provided at this point.

There is a map that restricts full throttle opening until around 3000 ish rpm (can't remember the actual rpm value off hand) so you would never get full throttle at lower rpm unless mapped to anyway...

As for it closing at higher rpm the ECU will do this to control load...if the load tables are set right then it shouldn't happen..

To answer your question... its map intervention to control load... this could be down to bad mapping or plausibly a mechanical/sensor related issue...

<tuffty/>

It never used the do this, so we can eliminate it being a mapping issue. Likely hood of it being throttle body or pedal?

Doubt it either of those as they would fault in their own right from being out of spec...

Need to log timing, boost, N75 duty to get an idea of how its all working together

I assume you have logs to show this was not a problem before?

<tuffty/>

FYI the throttle body is not directly controlled by the pedal... the ECU uses input from the pedal to determine "how fast" you want to go then opens the throttle flap and increases boost to get to a load that will meet that request... if the ECU determines there is enough load (load is essentially airflow) then it will close the throttle flap a bit to maintain it even if your foot is buried in the carpet

<tuffty/>

Yeah previous logs confirm this wasn't happening before. This is one of the complete logs from yesterday

what have yoiu changed or touched lately

how do your logs of before this throttle close issue for maf reading compare to now?
post up your previous logs

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/done-a-bit-of-logging-now-i’ve-fixed-the-niggles….237491/

I've put the 3bar back in and changed the settings back just in case.

Since the issue has started I've replaced the following items, but can't think of anything that I've fiddled with or changed prior to that to have caused it

N249 delete
Tfsi coils
Replacement 4bar pump made by hoffer
New plastic elbow for crank breather and silicon hose to inlet
Sai delete

I've got a new coil loom coming too as mine was cracked in places I noticed when doing the coils.

Any idea what would cause that? It's happening very consistently at that rpm

It's mapped yeah. Been mapped for over a year, but only recently had this issue. No logs of pre-mapped maf readings