Ausjet_S3's OEM+ Build.

Ausjet_S3

Reaction score
G'day from S3 ownership land Down-under.

I've noticed a few fellow Melbournian's starting to pop up in this forum and its great to see.

I've owned my S3 for just over a year now and I've loved every drive.

It has 165,000kms at time of writing and has never missed a beat, mostly stock with just an APR tune from the previous owner and myself performing the N249 bypass.

Plans for the car are what i would consider OEM+ as i'm a mechanical engineer by profession anything I have to replace i will naturally seek to improve.

Engine wise i am aiming for a healthy 280hp - 300hp as i really enjoy the torque characteristics of the standard K04, with a nice exhaust and intake combo for a welcome increase in sound.

Suspension will feature improvements to shock/springs, poly bushings, uprated rear swaybar, and front caster corrections.
Braking will also feature an OEM improvement of slotted rotors, High Temp Pads, and braided brake lines.

Styling will be limited to lowering, LCR Splitter, Tinted Head and Tail-lamps and painting of the standard Avus wheels to anthracite.

Thank you all for providing a wonderful forum that is ridiculously helpful to those of us across the ditch as our local forums are pretty lacking.

Daniel

IMG 2628

Last edited:
Reactions: Rainbird and IPG
Nice to see another OEM+ build... although OEM++ is where its at lol ;)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: A3-Lee and tomjol
G'day tuffty,

for myself (and many others i'm sure) your build was definitely one of the first i read and its safe to say yours is an OEM+ build all to it's own haha.

keep up the great work!

- Daniel

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Not easy 300hp with standart k04,270-280hp is more realistic :) ;past 400nm torque watch the rods ;)

another Melbournian! Look forward to seeing how you progress with your car Daniel :)

May spot you about some time eh!

Reactions: Ausjet_S3
Small Update.

@ASHIHARA thanks for your reply, especially in Aus; 300HP with the standard turbo is always going to optimistic at best haha!

@IanPG cheers mate, it'll be good to have local knowledge on the scene as we all know the troubles of trim falling apart haha :expressionless:

Tackled a few small jobs over the weekend, serviced the engine with Castrol Edge (VW 504.00), replaced all wiper blades including aero rear, repaired my front left fog light, replaced gearbox and rear diff oil, replaced rear tail lamp globes, begun repairs to peeling door cards, and finally..

From this.
FullSizeRender

To This!
FullSizeRender 1

Sorry for the bad images (you get the idea) i will post better pics of the whole front after i attack the headlights with a machine polisher.

Next task will be to remove the front bumper and repair my washer bottle, then after that.. BRAKES!!

- Daniel

Reactions: IPG