Free Health Check

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I took my car for it's free health check today and was pleasantly surprised, I half expected it to be an excuse for Audi to try and sell me something :lmfao:. But they were thorough and the car came out with flying colours. The only flag was that the wheel alignment wasn't as standard but then that's down to my lowering springs. So no biggie!

They aligned my washer jets, check tyre pressures, tyre tread, oil, battery, lights, seatbelts, fluid levels, drive belts, brakes, exhaust and a few other things

I also have a dashcam fitted to my car, thought I'd watch the footage back. The Audi technician made me chuckle, I'm a self confessed OCD car cleaner so to hear the technician say "F@%&^ng clean car" twice, put a cheeky grin on my face aha (sad I know) :lick:.

Also what's this about? Is he just taking a picture of my car?

Last edited:
Are these free health checks 1 a year or something?

Good to know they are thorough!

I assume you just get one after a year of ownership. Nice they do it though. Not had this with any of my previous cars

I've never heard about a free health check? Maybe it's something a particular dealer does to foster good relations.

Very nice lol I also have a cam but didn't see anything but my car sat in a locked garage for 4 days over a bank holiday ! Ha!

I got offered a free health check via email a couple weeks after I had my oil change. Would be at a little over a year old at that point!

Not sure about the pic however when mine went in for a service recently they said that they use cameras to show the customer whether anything is wrong - doesn't sound like this is the case for you, however they might do it for their own records or something?

Also I was pleasantly surprised when I took mine in - it was a free service (negotiated when buying vehicle) and when I got it back the car smelt amazing - best air freshener I've ever smelt! :) So I dropped them a quick email asking what it was. Anyway a few days later the guy from Audi rang up and said he was looking into it for me and he'd be in touch. Then in the afternoon he rang up and said he'd spoken to the valeter and that he'd managed to get my an old tub of it with about 1/4 left in (but he said they're massive tubs and you only use a tiny bit so it'll last ages) and I can just pick it up on my way past. Nice little touch, especially seeing as they are making absolutely nothing on the service etc lol.