Opening Roof with Key Remote?

Don't know how south you are, chips away car tuning at Crawley nr Gatwick do fit them think mine was £250 pounds but I fitted it myself bit of a ****** to get rear door card out maybe PM nhn on here he's the best

They're not that difficult to fit, but get some new clips for the side panel as they can break when removing.

Buy a SmartTop, don't bother with the ones where you need two modules for all of the functionality:

SmartTop

Last edited:
Yes this is what you want

Attachments

• IMG_20140615_101208.jpg
    IMG_20140615_101208.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 454
Sound about right matt it's probably the best mod for the cab , plus you have the option to change the module a little by hood down with windows down or windows up ,horn chip on lock etc , get one fitted for the summer lol

Just a few hours really but as I said the back door cards a bit fiddly if you're hands on you can do it , comes with instructions online as well

I installed a smarttop a few months back. Found second hand on eBay for £150. They come up very rarely but worth setting and alert. I found it was easy to install using the provided instructions. Side panel needed a little bit of time to get back on properly but not much hassle really. Wiring up is simple. Also you can update firmware via usb to your pc before installing. I use it all the time! Highly recommend!

Went to put the roof down at the weekend and it's stopped working audi want £270 for a new roof pump. Looks like I'll have to wait abit longer to get this now

When you say stopped working what's happening/not happening? Message on dash? Mine was once the sensor for the boot tray. Message on dash telling me it was not down or something. I pushed the tray up in the boot and let it drop down by itself, which seemed to fix it for the time being.

Think there is a problem with the older pumps my previous owner had to have a new pump fitted audi went half with him

The roof lifts up about an inch and then nothing. I can open it manually but that's no fun

Look for the soft top repair thread, it's a common problem because the bushes get caught in the carriers and don't contact properly inside the motor. You can repair yourself for free, or take to VagPro in Leicester and he can repair it for a fee (less than a new pump)

Almost always the motor. You can clean yourself as the above guide or can get re-con. £80

Good luck