2.0 TDI BKD Overheating When Driving.

johal87

Reaction score
Hi guys,

yesterday my audi a3 started over heating when going over 30mph, the temp needle would go very close to 130, roughly 115/120 and the coolant warning would flash up.. slow down from 50mph, back to 30mph and it would calm down again, fans were going mad, but non the less would cool down, and when stopped engine off, fans would carry on...

was advised first thing to do is to change the thermostat, ECP, sent the wrong part twice, and eventually give up saying they couldn't work it out or match it, so the garage put the car back together without the thermostat for the time being, saying i won't have no heaters, but it should get me about...

The car now overheats quicker, i know i need a thermostat in there, and i will get one later on today, but could it be something worse causing the issue? water pump?

No water has been lost, coolant level remains were it is, if anything its gone slightly higher..

any advise would be great guys

water pump gets my vote

Reactions: kanecullen89
I'm pretty sure it was changed not long along with the belts that all, il need to check the history, seriously gutted this cars giving me so much hassle its unreal

I had the same issue with ECP not being able to supply the correct thermostat...

ended up just using the old one. (which turns out not to be faulty)