Newbie Here With Urgent Questions Before Buying S3 - HELP PLEASE

Craig-P

Reaction score
Hi,

As title say's above, I have put a deposit down on a 2009 S3 but have a few questions before I fully commit any further....

So, Is a 2009 the latest facelift version before the new model or was there another facelift version before the newer model..? I.E after the 2009 facelift, Was there ever another..?

Does anyone know/have a complete list of standard fit equipment for a S3..?

Is there any Issue's I should/need to be aware of..?

And I don't want to be this guy as I know what I'm possibly buying but what's the MPG like..? I have a 2.0L TSI Scirocco now can I expect around the same figures or is it going to be worse..?

Your help will be hugely appreciated

Thanks

Oh and also what's people's opinions on the Imola Yellow..?

Reactions: Sandra
Hi craig, welcome to audi-sport.net. Imola is a nice colour. If you check out the faqs thread in this section, you will find lots of info in there on the S3 . Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Sandra, Thanks for your reply I did have a "quick" look in there but after scrolling for a while I just thought it would be quicker to post a thread.

Even If people can send me a link to read through for my question/s that would be great.

I'm sure I will :thumbs up: x

On the fuel consumption totally depends on how you drive it and where if I drove "normally' get about 250 miles out tank daily commute if I'm late everyday and drive 'sportingly' get about 180-200 but I think I could do a tank in 150,always fill up on quarter tank and always optimax or v power

On the spec front decide what u want and buy accordingly how ever if u find a killer car say one 70yr female owner low miles but no cruise control and your desperate for it you can always have it retro fitted ,I got hung on spec in my last car m3 spent a yr looking for the right colour combo etc

250 miles is slightly worrying!! I usually get on average around 350-380 in the Rocco a bit more on a long journey.

I don't really drive heavy tbh and do mixed motorway/town driving.

Karl that link wont work for me..?

I've found the right spec one, Buckets, Nav, Bose, Parking Sensors, Fold in mirrors, Phone Prep and poss Bluetooth..? It doesn't appear to have cruise but I know I can retro-fit that so I'm not to worried, My slight concern is that it's in Imola Yellow which I'm not 100% sure what I make of it, I would probably prefer White but there's just none around!!

250 miles is slightly worrying!! I usually get on average around 350-380 in the Rocco a bit more on a long journey.

I don't really drive heavy tbh and do mixed motorway/town driving.
I fill up on quarter so add a bit more computer says I'm getting about 27mpg a d it generally stop start in city traffic I'm over the moon with it compared to the m3 !

Karl that link wont work for me..?

I've found the right spec one, Buckets, Nav, Bose, Parking Sensors, Fold in mirrors, Phone Prep and poss Bluetooth..? It doesn't appear to have cruise but I know I can retro-fit that so I'm not to worried, My slight concern is that it's in Imola Yellow which I'm not 100% sure what I make of it, I would probably prefer White but there's just none around!!
personally I'm not a fan of the yellow but you can always have it wrapped if your desperate for a white 1 it might be cheaper than paying the premium to get a white 1

A 2009 is mostly up-to-date. A small change happened i think from 10 plate onward which was darker rear lights, thicker flat bottomed wheel (I think) and updated sat-nav to RNSE Mk2. In terms of MPG if you drive sensibly I've managed 420 miles out of a full tank but that was mostly motorway driving. 250-300 is perfectly do-able with a mix of driving.

Does the 2009 Facelift have LED rear lights or is that something you need to retro-fit..?

XFi - Can you tell me more about this updated Sat Nav, Is it worth changing from the one the car has already got..?

400+ miles on a long journey and just over the 300 mark I would be happy with, That's what I would expect but maybe I'm just being a bit unrealistic :think:

A 2009 is mostly up-to-date. A small change happened i think from 10 plate onward which was darker rear lights, thicker flat bottomed wheel (I think) and updated sat-nav to RNSE Mk2. In terms of MPG if you drive sensibly I've managed 420 miles out of a full tank but that was mostly motorway driving. 250-300 is perfectly do-able with a mix of driving.
I have.never managed to drive sensibly for a hole tank lol

Hi Craig
I've just copied & pasted the link & that works for me too so try that. If the car has parking sensors but no cruise then it probably doesn't have auto lights/wipers as they came with the comfort pack. With regards to fuel, I lived 10 miles from work & I'd get 300+ miles per tank. Last year I moved to 1.5 miles away from work & I now only get 225 miles out of a tank, but this isn't a problem as I now only fill up every 6 weeks. With regards to yellow it's all about if you can live with it, yellow isn't for me.

Karl

I just bought mine last week , and love it ! Mpg .. Day 1 24mpg , "enjoying the car" . Reset it and day 2 , very sensible driving I managed 34, but it is very easy to get into the teens , but if I worried about it I would not have bought an S3 !

Not many optional extras in mine , might retro fit the sat nav , but that would be it for me , I use the back seats every day so buckets were not really an option , but they look stunning !

Just driven it 2 days then came offshore but did have a few cars stuck to the rear bumper , Astra vxr / scirocco / golf etc , so doesn't blend in as much as I thought ...

Well I work about 9 miles away and have to get there by motorway so appox 20 miles per day will hopefully see the higher end of the figures.

I really hope it does have auto light's/wipers, I'm pretty sure it has auto lights and in the guy's advert he advertises it with cruise but when I looked at it, I couldn't see a stalk..?

I just bought mine last week , and love it ! Mpg .. Day 1 24mpg , "enjoying the car" . Reset it and day 2 , very sensible driving I managed 34, but it is very easy to get into the teens , but if I worried about it I would not have bought an S3 !

Not many optional extras in mine , might retro fit the sat nav , but that would be it for me , I use the back seats every day so buckets were not really an option , but they look stunning !

Just driven it 2 days then came offshore but did have a few cars stuck to the rear bumper , Astra vxr / scirocco / golf etc , so doesn't blend in as much as I thought ...
There easy to spot if you no what your looking for vxr etc drivers generally know ,I keep getting pestered by corsa vxr's !

Hi Craig
I've just copied & pasted the link & that works for me too so try that. If the car has parking sensors but no cruise then it probably doesn't have auto lights/wipers as they came with the comfort pack. With regards to fuel, I lived 10 miles from work & I'd get 300+ miles per tank. Last year I moved to 1.5 miles away from work & I now only get 225 miles out of a tank, but this isn't a problem as I now only fill up every 6 weeks. With regards to yellow it's all about if you can live with it, yellow isn't for me.

Karl
Not true, Mine has parking sensors with auto lights and wipers but no cruise.

The RNSE MK2 has a better screen, LED rather than TFT and a higher resolution. Better SD card support also. not sure on other advantages.

Not true, Mine has parking sensors with auto lights and wipers but no cruise.

The RNSE MK2 has a better screen, LED rather than TFT and a higher resolution. Better SD card support also. not sure on other advantages.

Doh - my mistake 2008 early 2009 no comfort pack option yet, so lights/wipes were an option on there own.

It definitely has auto lights so I therefore presume it has auto lights..?

It has rear parking sensors as mentioned so just cruise to retro-fit!!

It has tyre pressure reset button so does that mean it TPMS..?