What wax for your white cars??

Tony1982

Reaction score
Just interested to know what waxes you guys are using on your white cars, I've just got a glacier white S3 and I like to wax my cars every once in a while, it's my first white car and I've always had dark cars, always used purple dodo juice on them and it's great stuff - but read the label for it and it says it's for dark cars. I know it probably won't harm a white car or anything but realise there's probably something out there more suited to white cars. I've heard good things about chemical guys white and poorboys natty's carnauba paste (white pot). I prefer paste over liquid also.

Don't choose a wax based on what colour it's `meant` for. Any wax will work fine on any car.
Wax is solely dependant on your budget.
I've used great waxes at £20 per pot and £90 per pot.
What are you looking to spend and what do you want from it. Looks or durability

I've recently started using G3 for £26 very easy on and off with great results.

Fusso wax is really good, quite hard to get off but results are good.

What about FK1000p? Cheap, easy to apply and remove (just make sure you apply it thin) and looks great on white cars.

Reactions: jaykay8L
That G3 stuff looks good like

Just interested to know what waxes you guys are using on your white cars, I've just got a glacier white S3 and I like to wax my cars every once in a while, it's my first white car and I've always had dark cars, always used purple dodo juice on them and it's great stuff - but read the label for it and it says it's for dark cars. I know it probably won't harm a white car or anything but realise there's probably something out there more suited to white cars. I've heard good things about chemical guys white and poorboys natty's carnauba paste (white pot). I prefer paste over liquid also.

I'd stick with a carnuba if it's a solid white (edit - just seen it's glacier, but I'd still stick with carnuba). I personally prefer paste, but I found Werkstatt spray wax was immense for that gloss look. Shame they've stopped manufacturing. As Marc said though, most decent waxes will give you the look you're looking for. However I find carnuba based rather than synthetic work best for solid colours. I used it on my red A4 a few years back and it looked superb.

Zymol Glasur, bring ou the shine..........................

I have been using Dodo Juice Supernatural and I am quite happy with the results.

DJ also do coloured waxes by the 'panel pot' which I have used in the past and found them very good value for money...

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going to see how I get on with the purple haze dodo juice I have, was great on my previous cars, I've also ordered some diamond white dodo juice and some poorboys natty's carnauba paste (white) to test out at some point :)

Angelwax make the waxes for autofinesse at half the price so they're a good place to buy from

Also chemical guys do a wax specifically for white cars called
White!

Have you seen the video of it being applied, it's like Cream Cheese:puke2:

I use Collinite on my Amalfi paintwork.

Looks great, but I haven't used anything else so i don't know how it comares.

FB IMG 1430056469408

Use angelwax original at the weekend for the first time. Excellent depth and gloss.
Angelwax would be a good call, great prices and not used a bad product yet

Reactions: Matt@Slim'sDetailing, wxc and umbrella
I use Collinite on my Amalfi paintwork.

Looks great, but I haven't used anything else so i don't know how it comares.
+1. Collinite is one of the best brands of wax I have used.

I top up each week with aqua wax when washing car very easy and helps keep clean plus initially a coat of armour all shield, good price and I think better than a wax

Reactions: xpoweruk
Good to know, I'll see how I get on with my wax (very set in my ways lol) but will keep it in mind :)

Try Meguiars synthetic sealant, lasts much longer than normal wax and very easy to apply, works great on any color

As has been said; Carlack or Autofinesse acrylic kits will give a truly "sharp" finish to white and are easy to top up and keep looking great. However a good wax like Autofinesse Spirit will give you a "wetter" look. Some of the favourites at the moment seem to be FK1000, Colinite 845 and Autogleam AF wax. I am using AF Spirit in the Summer and Carlack for winter. It really depends on what finish you are after. The Carlack kit does make the very subtle Audi Pearl whites look more metallic than the wax does.

Fusso soft 99.

Epic results when removed with a da.....

Blackfire sealant for me on ibis white. Easy to apply and buff off, quite durable as well. Problem is without good lighting you may struggle to see areas that still need buffing off

Blackfire sealant for me on ibis white. Easy to apply and buff off, quite durable as well. Problem is without good lighting you may struggle to see areas that still need buffing off

Yes I've found that I need to be in the garage where I have good lighting, otherwise I miss spots occasionally. I'm using dodo juice purple haze at the minute, gives a really nice wet look :) I have the white dodo juice to try at some point.