GAP Insurance for A5 Sportback

Double V

Reaction score
Hiya

Can you guys recommend any good GAP Insurance for my 1 month old A5 Sportback 2015.

Also what are different terms they use Return to Invoice, Back to Invoice Plus. etc
So confused.
Which one to take out.

Little help here please. :)

I can't *recommend* any as I have, thankfully, never needed to claim on it. But I am also looking at getting some so have done a bit of research. "car2cover" gets great reviews and is giving me the best quotes. The three types I am aware of are "Back to Invoice" - this would pay you the difference between what your car insurance pays you and what you paid for the car. "Vehicle Replacement" pays you the difference between what your car insurance pays you and what you need to actually replace the car like for like. Then you can also just get "Agreed Value" - probably not relevant for your situation with a new car. Hope this helps...

Reactions: Double V
Thanks for the reply.
I am liking Back to Invoice.
I will check car2cover and see what they quote me.

Hiya

Can you guys recommend any good GAP Insurance for my 1 month old A5 Sportback 2015.

Also what are different terms they use Return to Invoice, Back to Invoice Plus. etc
So confused.
Which one to take out.

Little help here please. :)
@Double V - Plenty of info to answer some of your questions here my friend
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2286700

Can't specifically recommend any single one GAP company, but this one is popular
http://www.ala.co.uk/?gclid=CM6HvdirlsUCFUITwwodgFEA1Q

I'll be using this one when my new S4 arrives
https://gapinsurance123.co.uk/4/getaquote/?gclid=CLrPnY-slsUCFWfmwgodel0ARQ

On ALA site.
I have to tell my car price and then choose claim limit.
What is that ?
Is that the amount I will get from my GAP Insurance provider ? Or is that the amount they will go maximum to cover the gap ?

On ALA site.
I have to tell my car price and then choose claim limit.
What is that ?
Is that the amount I will get from my GAP Insurance provider ? Or is that the amount they will go maximum to cover the gap ?

@Double V - This is the amount of cover required to cover the gap between your insurers settlement and replacing your vehicle new for old. Or, if you have bought a used car, we will replace it with a vehicle of a similar age as the one you bought.

So yes, the amount between what the insurers will pay you and the cost to replace your car. I'm going for the max £25k to be on the safe side

Thanks.

so i should go for max £30K with vehicle replacement plan ?
@Double V - £25k max was with GAPInsurance123

For the extra pennies I think vehicle replacement is better IMO. £25k max would seem about right to me. But then again, it its a personal thing

Hmm.
I am thinking to go with Ala.
Still browsing and looking around. Will final it this weekend.