A4 Automatically folding mirrors retrofit?

KudoWarrior

Reaction score
Have a 2012 A4 TDI Quattro BE and wanted to know if it was possible to fit automatically folding wing mirrors triggered on engine start/stop or car unlock/lock?

Has anyone tried/done this before and if so, what sort of parts and cost am I looking at?

Thanks guys.

It is possible to be coded yes, if the mirrors are fitted, we can supply/fit folding mirrors & as long as the car systems support, they will fold/unfold with the cars systems.

It is possible to be coded yes, if the mirrors are fitted, we can supply/fit folding mirrors & as long as the car systems support, they will fold/unfold with the cars systems.
hmmm ok. I'm not sure if the car system supports it as I don't have the advanced MMI used for Sat nav/parking cameras just the standard MMI with DAB Radio.

I'd be interested in the same retro fit/upgrade myself. I'm assuming if my mirrors don't fold at the moment I would need new mirrors? How would I know if my 'car system supports it'? Mine hasn't got the 'twirly knob' down by the gear stick or sat nav if that helps?

I'd be interested in the same retro fit/upgrade myself. I'm assuming if my mirrors don't fold at the moment I would need new mirrors? How would I know if my 'car system supports it'? Mine hasn't got the 'twirly knob' down by the gear stick or sat nav if that helps?

Yea that's the advanced MMI system. I'm in the same boat. Would be interesting to see if we can still do it.

I assume we'd still have to get new mirrors as the current ones are not electric but manual fold.

On a previous hack, I had folding mirrors, manual only, and although it was another task, it was typically painless, and I did it every time I parked. Still much easier than walking around the car to manually fold the mirrors.
Wife (SWMBO) had a car with auto folding mirrors, and I would be happy with that, too!

Is it true that auto-folding requires tha advanced (SatNav) MMI?

I have interest in getting folding mirrors fitted, and have the dash-mounted MMI, will this force manual only mirrors?

It should be an option within a module, only true way to know if the software versions support is to login & check for option, try coding & see if it accepts, bearing in mind it may reject if the said system isn't installed already.

If you're interested in the electric folding mirrors to be fitted, maybe send me a PM :)