8P3 Bi-Xenon Retrofit - DONE

Darren92

Solutions
Reaction score
just finished my bi-xenon retrofit completed on my 8P3 Sport (with S-Line front bumper).

Difference from halogen is literally night and day and really sharpens the front of the car up.

A couple of wiring issues which needed sorted (crappy kufatec looms lol) but after these were fixed, all worked well.

headlight washers were also fitted at the same stage.

before;

IMG 0414

during & after;
IMG 7682
IMG 7683
IMG 7686
IMG 7689
IMG 7691
IMG 7695
IMG 7698
IMG 7712
IMG 7713

Reactions: Ricky Burrows, TorqueTerrorist, Gill and 5 others
Nice work, looks really good.

Did you go for the standard bi-xenon headlights or the ones that move when you go round a corner?

Nice work, looks really good.

Did you go for the standard bi-xenon headlights or the ones that move when you go round a corner?

Just the standard bi-xenon, I dread to think the price of the adaptives!

Passed MOT today with the xenons and washers, no issues at all! :)

Nice !

Do you know if there's a part number for one of the headlight washers ?

Thanks for the link! Minds 8p3 when I took the front bumper off i noticed the passenger side (NS?) Clip that holds the pump in place was shattered, do you think the part in the photo is replaceable? Photo attached

Attachments

• 20140816_191245.jpg
    20140816_191245.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 658
  • 20140816_191312.jpg
    20140816_191312.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 682
one more photo, hopefully you see what I mean

Attachments

• 20140816_191215.jpg
    20140816_191215.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 598
To me that looks like the headlight mounting/bracket you can screw on and off.

8P0 805 607 A

478274_x800.jpg

Reactions: wxc
Thanks for this, much appreciated mate, looks like the right part, if only I had this part in hand when I took the bumper off !!!

Passed MOT today with the xenons and washers, no issues at all! :)

Hi which looms did you go for as Im doing this. I have all the xenons, ballast and bulbs. Just need to know which adapter to get. Mine is a 2009 facelift.

I ordered the same headlights (OEM Bi-xenon) to my 09 A3 which currently has the halogen headlights.
I also want to order the conversion adapter:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=200749007303&globalID=EBAY-US

Can any one confirm if this is the required one?

And the other question is where should i connect the other wires from CE unit side? (The wires for the DRL and for the High beam)

I ordered the same headlights (OEM Bi-xenon) to my 09 A3 which currently has the halogen headlights.
I also want to order the conversion adapter:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=200749007303&globalID=EBAY-US

Can any one confirm if this is the required one?

And the other question is where should i connect the other wires from CE unit side? (The wires for the DRL and for the High beam)

What's wrong with the harness in the link in Darren's last post?

What's wrong with the harness in the link in Darren's last post?

I'm not sure which one I should pickup, there is two option in kufatec site, which one i need.
Are they shipping worldwide?

It's for 2009 Audi A3 (facelift)

I'm not sure which one I should pickup, there is two option in kufatec site, which one i need.

See post #14

I'm sure Darren explains that you can figure out which one you need based on your car's VIN. If you read the whole post it's easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Reactions: Darren92
Guys, what is the "VIN" standing for? What should i check in the car?

Vehicle identification number, you can see it in the corner of your windscreen from the outside.

Vehicle identification number. Look under the passenger wiper, it's there

Vehicle identification number. Look under the passenger wiper, it's there

I looked, and I founded where this number should be written, but it just blank, no number is written on the frame.
on Kufatec site I've chosen model year: until 2009 model year as my car is 2009, I hope they will send me the correct adapter.

Thanks for the assistance.

I'm not sure where you looked but if you lift the passenger wiper up a little bit it's basically written on a piece of paper in the windscreen not on the frame or body of the wiper itself.. You can't miss it!

It's also under in the engine bay in 2 places and in the spare wheel well on a sticker.

2009 is the crossover year for the BCM so you're taking a risk just ordering without checking.

Reactions: Sayam
T
It's also under in the engine bay in 2 places and in the spare wheel well on a sticker.

2009 is the crossover year for the BCM so you're taking a risk just ordering without checking.

Thank you for the assist.
I found the number and emailed kufatec to send me the correct part.
Do you know where I can find installation instruction (I am not sure where should the extra wires be connected in the CE module side)

its 2006 but I'm carrying out an rs3 conversion in the future so will be adding these bi xenons

They're about £350 new a side without bulb or ballast, eBay for second hand units is your best bet but they may not be mint and I'll probably come bare also.

T

Thank you for the assist.
I found the number and emailed kufatec to send me the correct part.
Do you know where I can find installation instruction (I am not sure where should the extra wires be connected in the CE module side)

I'm not doubting your intelligence or knowledge but if you haven't done your research nor know if your car uses a BCM or the old multiplug controller then honestly you shouldn't even consider fitting these.

Fwiw go into your kufatec account and there are instructions provided under "my manuals".

Edit - kufatec looks are often wired incorrectly as I had experience of with this retrofit so you need access to elsawin also to look at the official diagrams for your car.

From VCDS I can see the options for allowing the bi-xenons in the Central Electric [09] is available, and honestly I don't know how to check whether my BCM (I assume that is standing for Body control module) is the "new one".
but I also don't know how to decide which cable to select from the provided link depending on the 10th digit of my VIN, in my case the 10th digit is "9", how should I proceed?

I am sorry for my english (Not a Native speaker)

thank you for the understanding.

Now we're getting somewhere, yours is a MY2009, so the same as mine. So you need to select "until 2009 model year".

hey darren.

I have ordered a set of hella headlights, D3S bulbs and ballistic and have gotten a loom. But i am not sure where to fit the two additional wires (two from each headlight side). I have heard somewhere I can drill hole just below wipers and there is a somewhere there i need to fit them to.

I have also ordered a VAG COM cable with software 12.12.3a which i plan to use to alter the codes for the DRL and bixenon. I had standard h7 before.

do you have any instructions/ images on how and where to fit the loom?
what the CDVS instructions are to update the car?

regards
Kevin

Darren did you fit auto leveling sensors or its just adjusted by vag ,can it work properly without auto leveling sensors??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Darren did you fit auto leveling sensors or its just adjusted by vag ,can it work properly without auto leveling sensors??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes it'll work without auto levelling sensors although not sure if that's strictly a MOT pass.

The head lights have manual adjustment

hey darren.

I have ordered a set of hella headlights, D3S bulbs and ballistic and have gotten a loom. But i am not sure where to fit the two additional wires (two from each headlight side). I have heard somewhere I can drill hole just below wipers and there is a somewhere there i need to fit them to.

I have also ordered a VAG COM cable with software 12.12.3a which i plan to use to alter the codes for the DRL and bixenon. I had standard h7 before.

do you have any instructions/ images on how and where to fit the loom?
what the CDVS instructions are to update the car?

regards
Kevin

Please buy genuine VCDS and come back to me.

I didn't fit auto levellers, the car has passed MOT the past 2 years with just the headlight washers which they did check functioned correctly.

I have gotten my 12.12.3a vag com and works fine. Got a reading form my car and little bit worried that I could not access the xenon range on the software. says was missing.

now i have ordered a converter cable from ultra HIDs. This place you have mentioned in bradford in this post appears to be the same place:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-a3-bi-xenons-retrofit-now-working.253305/

so the question now is do i need a new BCM to fit my bixenon lights?

regards
Kevin