Audi A3 S Line Daytona Grey feedback required

Breezerboy

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum and was looking for some feedback of owners of the A3 S line in Daytona Grey.
I currently have a 2011 Black A3 S Line & I need to order a new one at the end one of the month.

I'm going with new version A3 but the colour is the sticking point. I can't get another black one & I really would love a White one. The only thing with White is the bit of keeping it clean!! I'm in my early 40's and to be honest my days of spending hours polishing it have long gone. The main reason I'm thinking Daytona Grey. my Local garage has only monsoon grey in on the A3 but Daytona on other models.

To the owners out there, was you pleased with your purchase or wish you had chose a different colour?

I really thought it would be an easy choice on a colour, but now it's starting t o confuse me

I love my Daytona theres some pics in the collection thread. It's actually much darker in natural light and shows up the metallic particles very well - can't wait to get it detailed ! No regrets on colour choice I think it's very classy and quite stealthy.

White is actually one of the easiest colours to keep clean. Doesn't show the dust!

The Glacier White works really well with the A3, it brings out the contrast in the front grill.

Now that's thrown a spanner in the works. I do love the white one & TBH more than the Grey, but I have got to have it for 4 years as it's a company car. I just don't know if I'll get bored of white. I'm using the keeping it clean as an excuse to get the grey one & it doesn't help with all the rubbish weather we've had, all I see a dirty white cars. The grey seems to look nice dirty or clean

I thought it would have been easy picking a colour - how wrong was I

Glacier white does look great and suits the A3 S Line, I've seen a few locally but so far no Daytonas. I love my Daytona and I'd happily have another. Like you said, it looks brilliant clean or dirty, it hides the dirt quite well.

I was put off getting another white car as I found my last car a pain to keep clean, it's easy to see all the contanimation such as tar and iron rust particles. So I always felt like I could never keep her clean. I gave up in the end neglected her with just a regular wash at Asda. The paint was a mess in the end and took me a lot of effort and cost to restore before part exchanging.

Go for the colour you love, you'll always regret not having the one you really wanted and its a lot of money to spend to have any regrets.

I agrees, having the Glacier white does show all the contaminates if you look closely but once it's been washed it really suits the A3.
But the Daytona Grey is also a stunning colour and that what I will be getting next

Daytona grey is a great colour. My A6 was Daytona and it always looked good unless it was absolutely filthy. You can get a good wet look with the AG Aqua wax so you don't need to spend hours on it.

Daytona is an amazing colour. Really works well when the sun hits it too. The aggressive lines of the car "Pop" imo it's the best colour. Looks amazing wherever I park it. People constantly notice it and comment. Even the detailed who worked on my car loved the colour!

Another vote for Team Daytona here :)

(Looking at mine parked next to a Monsoon Grey at the dealer recently, I was surprised just how 'silver' the Monsoon appeared).

Yup, Daytona all the way, and as Red Turtle says, it brings out the best in the lines of the car and looks fantastic in the sun.

If you use the right products, it will be easier to maintain. For the black tar spots use tardis / obitarate ect and for the metal particals an iron remover such as iron out, wolfs decon gel, gyon iron ect. Jost spray on leave to dwell for a few minutes and with a quick spray of a cloth wipe off (both stages need a rinse between application)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=357105

to wash use a spray on and jet wash off product.

Thanks for all your feedback. As much as I like the white I'm going with the Daytona Grey. I'll be in ordering it tomorrow. Let's hope it doesn't take to long to arrive

Thanks Again

Reactions: cuke2u
Daytona is a very classy subdued colour, ideal if that's the look you are after.

I've got a Daytona A3 SB and a Glacier A1 SB. I think they are the two best colours and both look great, especially when freshly washed. I do agree that the Daytona is probably easier to keep clean, as the white does show any contaminants a lot more, and can quickly look grubby in bad weather. As others have said, the Daytona is exclusive to S-Line too, so that would be a good choice.

I love Daytona and agonised on this colour for my previous A1.

I have a white S3 and as long as it's washed regularly it stays very fresh. I have to de-contaminant my S3 approx every 3-4 months with clay bar / iron-x etc and even then it's not an onerous task where I find Audi clear coat very easy to manage. I don't think that is any different to any other colour of paint.

Black is probably the worst to keep looking nice so either Daytona or White would be straight forward to look after in my opinion!

Last edited:
Daytona is a great colour - suits the A3 nicely.

However, went for Floret Silver this time. Contrasts nicely against the pano roof and barely shows dirt even after a month of winter grime.

Great colour Daytona. This was the colour of choice on my wife's A1. We are looking to replace her car with A3 saloon and this will be the colour of her new car. I have chosen sepang for my S3 Saloon but I have seriously considered Daytona. Still not sure if sepang is the better of the two colours.

A friend of mine has Daytona and it is a nice colour. I wanted something different and went for Beluga Brown on my S Line.

The brown in the paint is quite subtle and only really shows itself when the sun is out. So not many times in the last three weeks:(

Glad you've gone with Daytona.
It really is the best colour.

Round here, white is SO common and when you see so many white Audi's all the time, it really starts to look naff.

Good choice made.

However, went for Floret Silver this time. Contrasts nicely against the pano roof and barely shows dirt even after a month of winter grime.

Maybe my monsoon grey will be a happy medium between Daytona and Floret?

Can't argue with anyone choosing Daytona though - a really nice colour.

I think it looks really smart, really glistens in the sun. Really enjoying the new car!! I've finally driven it after having to have a knee op and not being allowed to drive!! I dont have to listen to the wife going on about how nice it is. Some pics from its first clean.

IMG 0400

IMG 0401

IMG 0402

IMG 0403

Last edited:
Reactions: Brasso and Rob2k68
^^ Car looks fantastic !! - love the 10 spokes on Daytona Grey.

Reactions: Brasso and Trevolly
Thanks Rob2k68 - chose them as I thought it was a bit different to the standards!

+ 1, everyone here has either a black Audi or a white one.. like my FS, but the daytona's look very nice.