2015 Season Prep

ESD1711

Reaction score
A week and a bit away from first show of the year..... seems scary to be saying that when there's still snow falling up here!!
Car is currently in the bodyshop. The front wings had seen better days and were starting to bubble pretty badly. Thankfully they werent too far gone though so have elected just to have them repaired. Seemed like a good time to have the arches trimmed and rolled a bit too - my new wheels will be a bit snug, so made sense to make a little more space for them.

6A9FED4F-7672-441A-BF08-C78AB54D21DC_zpsxsff7rlv.jpg

66DD8796-9312-4514-8775-95A6D83D3D2A_zpsydu9qo3g.jpg

Bonnet is also getting painted. Its been done before and never been perfect so hopefully get that sorted too.
Tyres also arrived yesterday so they'll get mounted on to wheels this weekend.

C274EB96-4650-4166-983D-998F1FFEF8C4_zpsguxzd3hg.jpg

Then it'll just really be a case of getting wheels on and giving the thing a darned good clean. I've got spacers sat there to play about with the rear fitment a bit if need be.
Also waiting on a steering wheel arriving after following @ajax1976 advice but suspect that might not be ready till after first show.
Beyond that - will probably need to do something with my headlights as one of them is starting to go a little cloudy.
Beyond that - will need to do something with the front grill as mines been damaged somehow.
Beyond that - probably time to start tinkering with the interior a bit I think.

Busy year ahead!!!

Exciting times, think I've guessed your wheels but will stay quiet until the reveal.

My arches were bubbling too but also quite flakey, paint just didn't seem to a good bond with the metal. Up inside the wing and behind the liner, be sure to remove the big foam pieces and have a look at the rear of the wing. The foam had worm away a large chunk of the paint from the inside of the wing, I ditched them and repainted.

Are they pulling the arches too or just rolling?

Haha i'd be very surprised if you had guessed them fella, but we will see in the next week or so ;)

Not having the arches pulled - just trimmed backa bit and then rolled. I don't really 'need' them done as I think i'm gonna be ok for clearance, but it made sense to do it at the same time.

Will see how they hold up after repair, it probably isn't a long term solution - new wings woulda been the better idea, but this will do for the time being.

Please get a US Spec front plate filler! Either the blank one or the US size recess will look sooooooo much better! cheap as well (£40!!) :D

Please get a US Spec front plate filler! Either the blank one or the US size recess will look sooooooo much better! cheap as well (£40!!) :D

Already got one buddy, just had it off over winter as I don't see the need in attracting any un-necessary attention to it from plod when its just sitting on winter wheels and looking a bit sorry for itself etc.

Filler will be back on next week :)

cant wait to see these wheels.

looking good though man. Iv'e gone for 235's for my 9.5J's I hope I haven't made a mistake !

Haha i'm starting to think I've probably hyped up the wheels too much now - everyones dying to see them!! Folk are gonna see them and just be like 'oh.... ok' haha!

Anyways - tyres are on the wheels now so they are sitting waiting to go on, probably going to be on Friday, which is cutting it a bit fine for leaving for UD on Saturday morning, but i'm sure it'll be fine.

Flat bottom steering wheel should hopefully arrive this week too after a pretty quick turn around on that which is a nice wee bonus as I wasn't sure it'd be ready in time.

Car's still at the bodyshop just now but it saw paint on Saturday so should hopefully be ready for me to collect any time now.

00B2F2D6-F883-46A7-B672-BA945B44DDC0_zpsdlk4gfsz.jpg

8BA41D90-90CA-48D8-98E9-F7A9EC543D74_zpszg2yavgw.jpg

98C61175-9471-427D-9EFE-0E553417B908_zps6zrbia7f.jpg

EFF2D761-BCDC-40F0-91B9-13E4C44C6F32_zpspviuyzko.jpg

E8AE9146-B20A-4810-9AD9-9808B221E903_zps1m57qcot.jpg

657F0CD3-5368-40A4-B713-A14D482294AF_zpstkv9pnws.jpg

B93D92CC-544B-4E52-A351-761358AB3421_zpsrnffzkys.jpg

Cars looking good Erik, looking forward to seeing the new wheels too

Literally just on my way out the door...... But I'm just gonna leave this here just now....

Will get some more up when I'm back after the weekend :)
8750AD7B-6E1B-46B9-A3FD-4350767494DE_zpskzl4u8ky.jpg

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5 and Charlie Farley
Literally just on my way out the door...... But I'm just gonna leave this here just now....

Will get some more up when I'm back after the weekend :)
8750AD7B-6E1B-46B9-A3FD-4350767494DE_zpskzl4u8ky.jpg
Oh wow that's mint, very nice indeed, I feared the wheels were going to be a bit OTT with all the build up but they are very classy. Nice one, great job :thumbs up:

nice ! I see you added a spacer at the rear ! :)

Will keep an eye out for this tomorrow - are you inside or on a club stand ?

Just outside on a club stand mate - come say hello if you see me at my car though!

Looks superb Erik, wheels have really made this, night and day to the 3sdms!!

What's the specs of the wheels and tyres?

Cheers guys, pretty chuffed with how it came out :)

Wheels 19x9.5 et40 (spaced down to et20 at the back)

Tyres 225/35's

Defo in agreeance that its taken things up a notch or two from the last wheels which I kinda doubted would happen. Looks a bit more 'classy' for what of a better word.

Haha your very own chauffeur, I bet he keeps the car very clean ;)