Looking at an a6 estate

lol4fun

Reaction score
Anything to look out for? It's a 1.8t auto and late 1999 year.

Well thanks for your replies guys. I'm not getting the car as the owner is an *** and wants too much money for it. Oh and it's done over 200k and has many little problems

200k ain't bad just running in! 2004 on 180k.
If you look at others...control arms front upper and lower (low speed wobble, knocking when breaking), cam belt done recently, white or black smoke when warm, plus mayonnaise in oil cap (head gasket risk) rear bearings (non quattro) rear clunking at slow speed, shocks and anything rubber should of been done but may not have been. Check turbo actuator moves,. VCDS (Vag Com) scan if you can. Water in passenger seat well giving alarm door locking and window issues as module is down there.
Fading dash pixels and seized rear wiper pretty normal.
Most C5 owners spend the weekend on cleaning and repairs....nothing personal....

Funny you mention water in the passenger foot well, the car had significant amounts of condensation on the insides of the windows and problems with the remote locking.

Reactions: TYphoon GB
Have a quick look under the battery cover. Leaves block the drain and the whole scuttle panel area fills with water and flows in through the a/c access and pollen filter holder.

I'm not getting the car, the owner wants £1000 for it or my x type with half the miles and 4 years newer and extra cash his way.