A4 B7 List of Affordable Modifications/Upgrades/Retrofits

Cargo net for the trunk. Stops stuff flying around if your boots nearly always empty. ebay, about £20 or main dealer for genuine item.

Could also retro fit an Avant side net into the saloon drivers side boot alcove.

Has anyone tried to fit chrome knobs :blink: to their audi concert? Not sure if it's as easy as it sounds or not, any thoughts?
Screenshot 2015 12 14 19 35 09
Screenshot 2015 12 14 19 36 33
Screenshot 2015 12 14 19 35 09
Screenshot 2015 12 14 19 36 33
Screenshot 2015 12 13 20 55 10

Anyone with the old concert live near anybody that has the new? Or even better, the Mrs car you can pinch for 5 mins test fit?

I didn't go for a £5 one, pushed the boat out.....
This one is smaller and black so you can't see it.
Also the app i purchased

Hi dodsie I bought the same elm device as you I believe from fleebay and it connects via Bluetooth to the android device fine but it does not connect to the car, any ideas where I am going wrong. There is a cd with it but I have not done anything with it, is this something which needs to be done? I am using an android headunit which came with Torque but don't think the little cd will come back out of the headunit if I pop it in there.

Within the app I can see the device and select it but as above it just will not connect to the car, so I only get the one red power light come on.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Apologies for writing in this thread, I have created a new thread but I am rather impatient (baaaad habit I know) and fair few of you guys seem to have these devices so your knowledge and experience would be most appreciated.

Hi dodsie I bought the same elm device as you I believe from fleebay and it connects via Bluetooth to the android device fine but it does not connect to the car, any ideas where I am going wrong. There is a cd with it but I have not done anything with it, is this something which needs to be done? I am using an android headunit which came with Torque but don't think the little cd will come back out of the headunit if I pop it in there.

Within the app I can see the device and select it but as above it just will not connect to the car, so I only get the one red power light come on.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Apologies for writing in this thread, I have created a new thread but I am rather impatient (baaaad habit I know) and fair few of you guys seem to have these devices so your knowledge and experience would be most appreciated.
This is may sound like a daft question, but you are pressing the on button when it's in obd socket aren't you? I'm sure I just plugged it in and turned it on and read the ecu etc. Although you may have to "set a profile" for your car.

This is may sound like a daft question, but you are pressing the on button when it's in obd socket aren't you? I'm sure I just plugged it in and turned it on and read the ecu etc. Although you may have to "set a profile" for your car.

Yeh switched it on and even set up a profile. Not sure what else could be stopping it other than a faulty unit.

Will keep it updated as it may be useful for others.

Thanks for getting back to me mate

Yeh switched it on and even set up a profile. Not sure what else could be stopping it other than a faulty unit.

Will keep it updated as it may be useful for others.

Thanks for getting back to me mate
Maybe try getting the app for your phone (I use my phone) and see if it's any different to your head unit?

Maybe try getting the app for your phone (I use my phone) and see if it's any different to your head unit?

Good idea I will try my tablet as my phone is an iPhone. I will update this evening after work

Good idea I will try my tablet as my phone is an iPhone. I will update this evening after work
I got the pro app 1.99 instead of free and it's never been a problem

Mine is a samsung phone and conects to my elm, but have to conect a few times to get it working ok

Mike yeh I realised that's why it doesn't work with the iPhone. Doodsie is yours a petrol or diesel as I read they can be picky about this?

Mike yeh I realised that's why it doesn't work with the iPhone. Doodsie is yours a petrol or diesel as I read they can be picky about this?
Don't swear at me! :rage: It's a car not a tug boat, petrol all the way :yahoo:

That may be why yours worked straight away and mine is playing up as I have a tug boat. Lol. I read somewhere that they can play up with Diesel engines but have ordered a different one so will see how that goes. It would help if anyone has a diesel and a working elm327 if they could post which one they purchased.

Thanks for the help guys.

maybe not exactly as specified in the thread title chaps but a worthwhile mod all the same.

If you want some decent oem spec pads for normal varied driving , but, dont want all the dust crud all over your rims only a few hours after cleaning them , then these are a good option and not expensive either.

EBC Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pads

Ebc1

Fitted front and rears a few months ago and they have been excellent, very liitle dust even after heavy driving etc for higher miles, great feel and stopping power.
buy them online via EBC website and they are the best price around.

would use them everytime now.

Is there where a parts no i can find snd guide for b7 inside door handle light ?

05 cab and the vents where custom made and although one is cracked and needs replacing they were not cheap at £50 a vent the when they were made for me I wanted them to be horizontal not angled back

not Horizontal but vertical and poor job total cost of vents, gauges, spacer for the oil filter, VDO senders and wiring about £750

Ummmm, a little bit over the affordable £100 ish mark for the thread then :grinning:

£750 for 3 vents and 3 gauges, looks like you been had mate, sorry.

Reactions: Jespy
Did you change the discs too?if so what brand dogs you use?

maybe not exactly as specified in the thread title chaps but a worthwhile mod all the same.

If you want some decent oem spec pads for normal varied driving , but, dont want all the dust crud all over your rims only a few hours after cleaning them , then these are a good option and not expensive either.

EBC Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pads

View attachment 77109

Fitted front and rears a few months ago and they have been excellent, very liitle dust even after heavy driving etc for higher miles, great feel and stopping power.
buy them online via EBC website and they are the best price around.

would use them everytime now.

Last edited:
Can't fully understand why you would have custom vents made! Only to then stick gauges in them. Would of been better to have a pod made for the gauges. Would deffo look better

But please that's my own opinion. Each to there own.

£750! thats mental. pretty useless info too in fairness

ENGINE BAY COVERS/DRESS UP

PAS Header, Washer Bottle Cover, Battery Cover.
1 x 8E0 103 927 F £23.95
1 x N105 538 01 £0.58
1 x 078 129 734 A £1.82
2 x 078 129 669 £6.00
1 x 8E0 103 541 £4.45

Air Intake and Air-Con Hose Cover
1 x 8H0 103 928 £17.98

Plenum Chamber & Battery Cover
1 x 8E2 819 422A 01C £6.29
1 x 8E2 819 447 01C £15.24

all inc VAT

Prices may have changed since posted here: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/quote-for-engine-bay-cover-kit.151830/#post-1514575
Do you have pics of all this fitted?

So which covers are which mate? Thanks for the photo as well.