What do you guys think of this???????????

vishal

Reaction score
Hi All,

After owning 3 Audi S3's in a row, im back for more after having a 325ci Sport, which i found to be crap really, so im back for some more!!!!!!

Seen this, http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/81356.htm

Now i sold an identical car almost a year ago, same plate, same mile, same colour, pretty same spec (- Revo) and it went for 13k a year ago???

Does this car seem a little overpriced?? The chap is not accepting any offers, and i love it to bits!!!!

Any advice is appreciated, good to be back, those BMW forums are pretty dam boring!!!!!

I'd say thats a fair price TBH. We have all seen cheaper ones but most have been to the moon and back. Not many around with less than 60k.

Some swear by higher mileage cars though so it depends what you want. Is it just me or have S3 prices recovered a little this summer? I got bid £15k in march for an 2003 03 by Audi then have just been bid £15.5k of a new R32 last week which they said carries no insentives

I would say that the car is a absolute steal for the price....BUY IT!!

Just think how much Audi would put that up for.....£16,500 at least

any feedback on the Revo remap on the car?? and what exactly does the SPS2 unit do??? Previoulsy i had my last S3 mapped by Ed at AMD, and i loved it, much difference to be expected?? i know Revo offer a generic map, and AMD is custom, but does it make that big of a difference??

Thanks again for the input guys

Are AMD custom maps?? Ive had people tell me that its generic, or are they just jealous??

Have Amd stage 2 and i love it!!

do you guys have any advice on the Revo remap on this car?? According to the current owner, the only trouble hes had with it was replacing the dump valve at the Bosch one fitted had failed, this car also comes with the SPS2 unit, this is supposed to switch the car from normal to re-map mode???

Sorry for all the questions, im just familiar with AMD, and not Revo, thanks once again for the input

Revo Re-mapps are fine, although they are just a generic code. The SPs2 allows you to run the standard or upgraded map. AmD offer a similar Re-map via the generic one-click.

Custom Re-mapping is said to yield more power as its individually tailored to your actual cars fueling etc rather than just another 1.8T 225 with the same ECU code.

AmD, Jabbasport, QST, Stat etc etc all do custom tailored maps run on a rolling road, although they are not as custom as they would have you believe. Many of the parameters are already fixed and its only minor changes they make to generic chip.

AmD can load that 'tailored' map onto your one-click dongle, so it depends what you want really.

Look in the F.A.Q's section as there is alot of excellent information with regard to tuners and map characteristics.

Hi again!!

Thanks for all the honest feedback, now before i actually go and pick this car up tomorrow, one last thing. Ive seen a lot of cars , similar mileage, without some of the options, going for as low as 11k???? Im aware of the variation on spec and price of these cars, but do you think it will hold some value in time to come?? Read about the RS3 (if it ever gets made etc,,,,) will it affect the price?? what do you think this car would be worth in say a year, with 45k on it?????

That seems like an amazing price! i'd dig deep and get the cash if i was you! i'd be straight in there if i could get insured on one!!! :-(

Hi guys,

Well after speaking to Audi UK, and HPI, they confirm this car is an import!!!!!! Now as far as asking prices, and residuals go, am i right in saying, that import cars are not even close to what a UK car would sell for???

Please do let me know, as ive got the cash out, but am not so sure anymore!!!

comments appreciated

sorry to be a pain on this guys, but im supposed to be buying this car 2morrow, and could really do with some advice on the Import status of this car, thanks once again

if i knew i would tell you mate. I think they do sell for less though. at the end of the day will you even be able to tell the difference? If you can't its got to be worth the money..

Dave

vishal said:
sorry to be a pain on this guys, but im supposed to be buying this car 2morrow, and could really do with some advice on the Import status of this car, thanks once again

Are you buying it to sell or buying it because it looks like a good car for the right money.

Buy it, keep it a couple of years and it'll not make any difference really what it is, you'll just have saved yourself a few quid in the first place. It's not like any S3's were ever made in the UK so they'll all have been imported at some stage, personal or official.

grey imports do tend to sell for a little less, but from previous comments, that looks like it is a "little less"
At the end of the day its only worth what someone is willing to pay. The seller is obvioulsy confident it will sell. You seem keen to buy at 13k.

If the only way he is going to shift on price is if it sits on his drive for a month then you'll have to hope no one else buys it!

Ask yourself this...... If you didnt buy it cos he wouldnt budge on price and it sold next week..... would you regret the decision not to buy? You might be looking a while for another one like that, but if your not fussed on colour and options I would wait for the next one.

It its really what you want then not buying it for the sake of 500 quid haggle might be i bit silly......
How much would you have to spend on another car to bring it up to spec? maybe more than 500? obvioulsy all depends on what the market is like.
Hope that helps.
Cheers.
Mark.

Actually.... after looking on autotrader and piston heads it certainly seems like the best buy in terms of spec and milage!

thanks for the input guys, i normally change cars every year, and ive always thought that import cars are slightly less than a UK car, due to corrosion warranty, and instead of 3 years, you only get 2 years from new, im just concerend as to what this cars true value actually is!!! Again, your advice is greatly appreciated

I would say if the car has a full audi service history then go for it, it doesnt specify where it has been serviced!!

The price does seem right for the spec and the fact its an import!!

I think the corrosion warranty is the same for whatever it is worth and the manufactures warranty has expired anyway

It's a good price but not THAT good. The price of S3s does seem to have taken a tumble recently. I'll be putting my car up for sale in the next month. It's a 52 plate with 23k miles and it'll be up for £13.5, so this Y reg looks fairly priced given the spec, but definitely not a bargain.

neil.c said:
I think the corrosion warranty is the same for whatever it is worth and the manufactures warranty has expired anyway

Corrosion warranty is the same on imports, only difference with manufacturers warranty was that you had 2 years supplied by Audi De and 1 year extra by Audi UK.
Price wise as long as its a UK spec car the difference in value shouldnt be great