EGR question

What is everyone going to do in the near future when dervs are emissions tested and a visual, working egr must be present?

Same as a decat on a petrol,quite easy to switch over if it ever comes to it.

i dont want a debate,just what i need to do with these pipes. thanks

Don't know about the pipes mate. I'd assume they would need blanking but I wouldn't know for definite!

im left with 2 pipes.on instructions its says to vent to atmosphere?

do as instructions say
or call allard.

im left with 2 pipes.on instructions its says to vent to atmosphere?

do as instructions say
or call allard.

yes thats what it says just found it abit strange having pipes open. i have no wires on egr and its set the light off.

Feed them into the induction system somewhere.
As for blanking EGR.s , not a fan , shouldn't need to if engine is serviced correctly.

Means it will be running relatively clean. Because the problem with egr's is that they soot up.

They soot up anyway its called combustion , combined with crankcase oil vapour turn into a horrible gunk that acts as a grinding paste that knackers parts of the egr valve .

It's inevitable ,
unless disabled , blanked , blank with hole , egr adaption or full delete and remapping .

Reactions: DieselJake
They soot up anyway its called combustion , combined with crankcase oil vapour turn into a horrible gunk that acts as a grinding paste that knackers parts of the egr valve .

It's inevitable ,
unless disabled , blanked , blank with hole , egr adaption or full delete and remapping .

Crankcase oil vapour should not get to the EGR as its vented back to the inlet and then in theory burnt, if the car is kept serviced with good oil etc then none of what you say should happen, if you blank them off you get the inlet side gunging up and usually blocking the port which is a bitch to clean out when your car inevitably at some point fails the emission test.

In a petrol engine, this inert exhaust displaces the amount of combustible matter in the cylinder. In a diesel engine, the exhaust gas replaces some of the excess oxygen in the pre-combustion mixture. Because NOx forms primarily when a mixture of nitrogen and oxygen is subjected to high temperature, the lower combustion chamber temperatures caused by EGR reduces the amount of NOx the combustion generates (though at some loss of engine efficiency).Gasses re-introduced from EGR systems will also contain near equilibrium concentrations of NOx and CO; the small fraction initially within the combustion chamber inhibits the total net production of these and other pollutants when sampled on a time average. Most modern engines now require exhaust gas recirculation to meet emissions standards.

It's all very nice but I choose in life to look at the reality and not the theory .

When not blanked the inlet manifold gets gunked up anyway in a tdi .

Possibly hundreds of images of gunked up egrs and inlets.

Diesels aren't emissions tested at the moment and my turbo petrol car passes it's emissions test with a disabled egr .

I got mine blanked off last year and binned the pipe! When do these new emission laws come in for diesels?

The two pipes are for the egr, and asv that you no longer have.
You can either leave as they are, or simplify the vac lines to delete them all together.

Reactions: Ro55