Pre Collection Requests

The_Ironist

Reaction score
Had a search but couldn't find a thread.

Wondering what other people request for their car prior to collection, so far I've requested:

No clean as having detailed after collection.
Numberplate taped rather than screwed and any plate holder has minimum legal required info on.
No dealer or car of the year stickers.

Anything I'm missing?

I requested the EU plate.

Make sure they have the correct cable to connect your phone to the car..especially if you are 1st March pick up as they will be dishing alot out and may run out. I have asked my salesman to keep one to one side for me.

Always worth checking the tool kit + locking wheel nuts are there and a top up bottle of oil.

After one unfortunate thread on here where the customer discovered to his horror that the car had the wrong gearbox fitted might be worth asking the dealer to check the spec as soon as the car arrives or viewing it yourself at the earliest opportunity.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
This isn't standard. It depends on the dealer and dealer group.

Yeah I didn't get one with mine but then again I've only just realised (over 2 months down the line). No big issue.

I took a list of stuff that I had compiled with easy checks to make against each option I had picked. That way I could quickly go through the list and make sure all the options I had paid for were there!

No stickers, EU plates all round, extra plate for towing, MMI cables x5 were on mine as far as I remember.

If your car has ACC you may want to ask them if they would activate the menu that gives you the option of setting your own default setting rather than the system selecting distance 3 each time the ignition is turned on. According to the Owner's Manual this needs to be done by 'a qualified workshop'. This basically means the dealer connects your car to the central Audi computers in Germany using an internet connection and the correct code to activate this menu option is downloaded. It only takes a few minutes and at the PDI stage the dealer will probably do it for nothing. This also means the details are stored by Audi and should there be any software changes this will be re-activated automatically.

I only found out about this option after having the car for a few weeks but my dealer holds what they call After Sales Evenings and when I mentioned about this option they connected my car to Audi and downloaded the necessary details and activated it.

Reactions: Snibo
If your car has ACC you may want to ask them if they would activate the menu that gives you the option of setting your own default setting rather than the system selecting distance 3 each time the ignition is turned on. According to the Owner's Manual this needs to be done by 'a qualified workshop'. This basically means the dealer connects your car to the central Audi computers in Germany using an internet connection and the correct code to activate this menu option is downloaded. It only takes a few minutes and at the PDI stage the dealer will probably do it for nothing. This also means the details are stored by Audi and should there be any software changes this will be re-activated automatically.

I only found out about this option after having the car for a few weeks but my dealer holds what they call After Sales Evenings and when I mentioned about this option they connected my car to Audi and downloaded the necessary details and activated it.

I did this to mine using VCDS last night. Took me a bit of working out mind you as the instructions I found were a bit out of date.

I wanted this doing, having come across it on here, and asked dealer to arrange before collection. They had no idea what to do so it hadn't been done when I collected. Might be worth giving them plenty of notice.

Don't think it can (yet?) be done with VCDS

I did this to mine using VCDS last night. Took me a bit of working out mind you as the instructions I found were a bit out of date.

Oooh. Looks like I stand corrected. Any chance of a post on how to do it?- in the proper thread of course.

The only problem, as has already been mentioned in the VCDS thread, is that if you do it yourself then the central Audi computers will not know it's been done and any software updates issued may override the settings. If a dealer does it the information is stored against your VIN number. If the dealer does not know how to do it they should get in touch with Audi Technical or possibly talk the one of the Master Techs at Huntingdon Audi. They did mine without any problem.

I also asked for no clean and not to put number plates on. I put my own on, so they were level and central.

Leaving the scuff plate protectors on :thumbs up:
Saves me ranting at the Mrs when she scuffs the sill getting in ;)
5k miles and 1 year later and they are still on :D!

Reactions: Rob2k68