Rear washer problem

d3m0n

Reaction score
So the rear washer has stopped working on my avant, I've checked the connection in the footwell and the one on the back of the wiper arm on the tail gate.....both are fine.

I can hear the pump running but no leaks anywhere. If it helps it appeared to stop working either just before or just after the washer level warning pinged up (the missus cannot be 100% sure) so could it be an airlock of some sort?

There's a connection behind the left rear light cluster in the cubby hole in the boot with the toolkit in it.
Also the washer tube can snap within the rubber boot that houses cables etc running to the bootlid adj to the right hand hinge.
Mine was also burst in the passenger rear footwell but I couldn't tell whether there was originally a join as its been bodged together by a previous owner.
Any of these have popped off

Mine split in the passenger front footwell, there's pictures in my thread I think, but it's behind the cover that sits between the front of the plastic sill trim and the base of the dashboard. Beware that if its leaking you won't see it, but all the screen wash will flow under the carpet to the convenience module under the front passenger seat...

Does anyone have any pictures of the pipe or what colour it is ?
mines stopped working too needs to sort it out in this tropical weather we are encountering :hubbahubba:

See post above, it's a black ribbed plastic pipe about 6mm dia, along the passenger sill it's taped into the main wiring loom?!, (exactly where you don't want moisture)

Here's the pic of mine at the base of the A pillar where I mentioned the split was.

IMAG0089_zps4f07c43e.jpg

Reactions: gtiboy
Sorted guys stripped the rear door interior panel and had a look as it was wet in the rear.
Found the leak and reattached the pipe onto the rear mechanism .
Job done !
Thanks for the input everyone !

Reactions: mrnice
http://www.audidatabase.net/Files/C5_Rear_Wiper_Hose_Repair.pdf
found this thread but its thrown me off as everyone is saying it goes from the passenger footwell to the back but the link says its comming from the hinges at the top ?

Slightly bizarrely, the pipe comes up from deep in the well behind the NEARSIDE rear wheel arch (where there's another joint that often comes apart), up the 'C' pillar, across the back of the roof and out of the body next to the OFFSIDE tailgate hinge through the 'accordion' grommet. It then runs down the offside of the tailgate and across to the combined wiper motor/washer jet