What have you done to your 8V today?

Do you have some more information on this retrofit?
What parts did you need? I see extra cables in the photo; are they part of a retrofit kit from Audi or did you make them yourself?
I am looking to retrofit electrically adjustable seats on my RS3 8V and I am struggling to find a good source of information. Any advice would be most appreciative...
I brought this to a local garage for the retrofit, so I don't know much into the proper details apologies.
As far I'm aware you need the following:
  1. Heater climate control unit
  2. High BCM (unless your car already has it)
  3. Seats
  4. VCDS Coding
  5. Wiring (supplied from garage)
There may be additional parts so apologies if I missed them out. Those extra cables were from other retrofits that were done previously for boot subwoofer and footwell ambient lighting. Thanks

Hi all just thought I’d try and resurrect an old thread. Made my way over from the 8P side of things and added a 8V S3 facelift to the family. It’s not quite today but in the past few days I’ve done a few things:

Oils including Engine, DSG, Front & Rear diffs, Haldex, Air filter, Plugs, Pollen filter.

Switched out the grey leather seats for black supersports Started prepping for some mods and got some exterior stuff done changed the grill for ACC soon to be sorted. Park assist sensor holes cut and sensors fitted, blind spot sensors fitted plus necessary wiring additions to front and rear bumpers. Tyre valves changed for direct TPMS and started stripping the headlining out for the roof rails. Reverse camera fitted just need to run the wiring and code everything. TV aerials going to be fitted soon.

Needless to say I’ve been waiting for the sunshine

Attachments

• IMG_7184.jpeg
    IMG_7184.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7183.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7153.jpeg
    IMG_7153.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7154.jpeg
    IMG_7154.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7160.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: AlS3BE and Neo17
Hi all just thought I’d try and resurrect an old thread. Made my way over from the 8P side of things and added a 8V S3 facelift to the family. It’s not quite today but in the past few days I’ve done a few things:

Oils including Engine, DSG, Front & Rear diffs, Haldex, Air filter, Plugs, Pollen filter.

Switched out the grey leather seats for black supersports Started prepping for some mods and got some exterior stuff done changed the grill for ACC soon to be sorted. Park assist sensor holes cut and sensors fitted, blind spot sensors fitted plus necessary wiring additions to front and rear bumpers. Tyre valves changed for direct TPMS and started stripping the headlining out for the roof rails. Reverse camera fitted just need to run the wiring and code everything. TV aerials going to be fitted soon.

Needless to say I’ve been waiting for the sunshine

Which grill did you get and how was the fitting?

Which grill did you get and how was the fitting?

I fitted one from AliExpress as it was about £100 cheaper than eBay. I had the seller send a chrome and black rings as I wasn’t sure which ones I wanted. I bought a genuine quattro badge from tps though as the one the seller included was abit poor.

Fitting was ok to be fair

a1578b618d9422e3010e25035f2a27b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlS3BE
I fitted one from AliExpress as it was about £100 cheaper than eBay. I had the seller send a chrome and black rings as I wasn’t sure which ones I wanted. I bought a genuine quattro badge from tps though as the one the seller included was abit poor.

Fitting was ok to be fair

a1578b618d9422e3010e25035f2a27b4.jpg

What was the part number for the Quattro badge?
Mate has tps account so can get him to get it.

What was the part number for the Quattro badge?
Mate has tps account so can get him to get it.

8S0853737BMI7

though the last 3 digits (Mi7) is the colour code you can get it in a few different colours

Mi7 (titanium)
Ru6 (dark chrome)

I thought they did a lighter one as well but can’t seem to find it. Here’s a better shot of the titanium.

591f98e3a8c89aba6408d7231222d768.jpg

Last edited:
8S0853737BMI7

though the last 3 digits (Mi7) is the colour code you can get it in a few different colours

Mi7 (titanium)
Ru6 (dark chrome)

I thought they did a lighter one as well but can’t seem to find it. Here’s a better shot of the titanium.

591f98e3a8c89aba6408d7231222d768.jpg

Looks alright.
Having a look on AliExpress just now. There’s hundreds of them with so many options. I just want a grill with no acc or parking sensors

Looks alright.
Having a look on AliExpress just now. There’s hundreds of them with so many options. I just want a grill with no acc or parking sensors

Ah that’s a shame I’ve got my old non acc grill in the garage but it’s got sensors and I’m not sure what to do with it lol.

035d02a1fa934660f86c866335c2532c.jpg

4f6eeafa38afdfc875129584332fc185.jpg

What have style did you replace the grille with?

The one with the chrome rings in the pics a couple of posts back. I’m retrofitting acc and had the honeycomb grill with black rings (without acc) and replaced it with a honeycomb grill with silver rings, acc hole and I added a quattro badge

Old grill

cfb35e6b833022206fcbff9e04eb6c1a.jpg

New grill
4404ed07ad859f0aa3064cba6b180e16.jpg

Ah that’s a shame I’ve got my old non acc grill in the garage but it’s got sensors and I’m not sure what to do with it lol.

035d02a1fa934660f86c866335c2532c.jpg

4f6eeafa38afdfc875129584332fc185.jpg

Has it got blanking plates for the parking sensor holes? Looking on AliExpress they all seem to have sensor holes.

Has it got blanking plates for the parking sensor holes? Looking on AliExpress they all seem to have sensor holes.

I don’t think so it was on the car when I got it and the new one didn’t come with blanks. I’ll have a look in the morning and see if they’re removable. Or potentially they could be cut out with a Dremel

Good to see all of your upcoming retrofits and doing them correctly, you’re obviously competent in what you are doing. And good to see someone from Plymouth

I don’t think so it was on the car when I got it and the new one didn’t come with blanks. I’ll have a look in the morning and see if they’re removable. Or potentially they could be cut out with a Dremel

What’s the condition?
Might be interested taking it off your hands

Good to see all of your upcoming retrofits and doing them correctly, you’re obviously competent in what you are doing. And good to see someone from Plymouth

Cheers bud yeah I’ve been doing it a few years now, after 20 years in the trade something’s stuck lol. Yeah it’s nice to know there’s more of us down here

Reactions: stubbly46
What’s the condition?
Might be interested taking it off your hands

Yeah mate it’s in good condition the only reason I’ve removed it is for the acc. It was fitted to the car less than 12 months ago. Send me a message if you want pics and stuff

The rain has stopped me from carrying on with the tv & reverse camera install however I managed to finally sort out adding the B&O lighting to the rear door cards.

At first I took the feed from the door handle lighting but changed it to the interior lighting circuit so they wouldn’t be on all the time.

I’ll add a pic when it’s darker light the fronts they don’t show up too well in the daytime.

92a27b4b12f0499c1b7c889c03cefaae.jpg

4fea54e2b62cfb5d7acd4b67fc1a63d2.jpg

a4f8dcb93de2be35ef9dedb623124cbf.jpg

14b86b420bc9aa55a5b0675d2af210fe.jpg

Reactions: dantdi, AlS3BE and stubbly46