What have you done to your 8V today?

Managed to fit the puddle lights on my passenger rear door. My 1.8T Saloon doesn't have the rear door module, it took me a good 45 mins trying to figure where the door lock mech connector was, I thought I was missing a load of wiring.
Anyway took me 2hrs to wire this door up, hopefully the last one will be a breeze.

File 000 4

Reactions: rcnacura, Happy Grumpz, Dunedin and 2 others
Washed it! Then applied Meguiar's Ultimate spray wax, once again using Meg's NXT QD as a rinse aid. Quite impressed with the gloss from this!

Reactions: Scottyg, Fiddie, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Got my alloys back from refurbishment.. Looking pretty good I think
c5f12cb2c6fdd0390cd69c2d8140e500.jpg
8d15aee396fd8bdc40be90122f06f188.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikeyvee, S32B, Whitestar and 6 others

Personally think the centre cap needs to be black, would look cleaner and not as busy.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Personally think the centre cap needs to be black, would look cleaner and not as busy.

I have black centre caps on order.. Just haven't arrived yet

Reactions: Jassyo06, Max-Robbo, MattSedg and 1 other person
Thought about it.. But only a little bit ;)

Reactions: Scottyg, Gazjs, Daveotto and 9 others
Reactions: batch, Fiddie, Max-Robbo and 3 others

Very nice indeed mate,black caps will be the finishing touch

Reactions: zippster, pburv and Rob2k68
Ye canny beat a wee swim now and again in a infinity pool max.... Stunning view's mate... Enjoy
Also Batch is still the king of hairy legs on the forum holiday pics...at least you gave yerself a wax.....lol
I'll get a picture of the Mrs later, she'll take the title.... :whistle2: ;)

Reactions: MattSedg, zippster, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Cleaned the car and took it out for a drive after fitting the CTS turbo inlet pipe thing yesterday..

Coupled with the snowgrate removal, ITG panel filter and VCDS exhaust flap mod it's drives considerably different from stock.. B000St is made from very low down the Rev range and the noise it makes is amazing!! Couldn't help myself from going thru a tunnel earlier on and changing down to hear the scream as I accelerated off burping and farting whilst changing gear!!

Happy with these mods

Reactions: pburv, Max-Robbo, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Cleaned the car and took it out for a drive after fitting the CTS turbo inlet pipe thing yesterday..

Coupled with the snowgrate removal, ITG panel filter and VCDS exhaust flap mod it's drives considerably different from stock.. B000St is made from very low down the Rev range and the noise it makes is amazing!! Couldn't help myself from going thru a tunnel earlier on and changing down to hear the scream as I accelerated off burping and farting whilst changing gear!!

Happy with these mods

Another Vin Diesel lol....

Reactions: pburv, zippster and Rob2k68

Happy with these mods

Another Vin Diesel lol....

Defo in the making I'd say - sounds like you've got the bug - what's next LoL ?

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and zippster
Not posted in a while, just a regular clean today I plan on giving the car a full detail soon. Few pictures to complement the clean :)

You can see where someone drew on the car in the first picture :rage:

Before :
IMG 2071

After :
IMG 2067

IMG 2066

Reactions: Dunedin, mikeyvee, Scottyg and 6 others
new Domed numberplates arrived today so stuck them on with LOTS of double sided tape at lunchtime :) (rear i layered the middle to get and even stick across the back..

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 208
Reactions: pburv, SW14NY'S, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Plastidipped the front chrome surround to go with the newly carbon fibre wrapped mirrors.
DSC 4885

Reactions: MKC, Dunedin, pburv and 7 others
I've just fitted both OEM LED vanity mirror lights.
Now I want to retrofit both front and rear light domes to the LED version with reading Maps lights. Does anybody know if both types of dome share the connectors?

Best regards,

QuiQue

Looks good, did you take it off to do? What did you use and where from?

Plastidip! Brilliant stuff, about £10 per can on Amazon. There's loads of videos on YouTube which help with the method. I masked it all off completely and left it on, then the overstay just peels off nice and simply!
DSC 4877

Reactions: S32B, jungle650, pburv and 2 others
Plastidip! Brilliant stuff, about £10 per can on Amazon. There's loads of videos on YouTube which help with the method. I masked it all off completely and left it on, then the overstay just peels off nice and simply!
View attachment 96324
At least you had something to read while the paint dried....:whistle2:
Great job C1...:friends:

Reactions: James_TDi, Scottyg, MattSedg and 2 others
Yip....I bought the VCDS & Cable for my TT when I was hooking up the aftermarket Rear View Camera....works a treat on the 8V ....I also enabled the oil temp to be shown on the DIS other than just the LapTimer.....looking to see what else I can do without breaking it

Also have the full software for BMW/Mini....I enabled loads of options that you need to pay for on that as well.

www.supercarsofscotland.co.uk
Twitter: @supercarsofSCOT
Instagram: supercarsofscotland_uk
........could you let me know how to have the oil temp to be shown in the DIS other than the Lap time setting please?. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SW14NY'S and pburv
........could you let me know how to have the oil temp to be shown in the DIS other than the Lap time setting please?. Thanks in advance.

Control Module 17 - Instruments
Coding 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 10 - Check box (Enable)

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Jassyo06, RS3 S. and 1 other person
Control Module 17 - Instruments
Coding 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 10 - Check box (Enable)
...........thanks Rob. I've had the oil temp gauge enabled with the VCDS etc,will I need to go back into VCDS & go through the settings you have posted to get it in the DIS or is it possible to do it with the MFSW buttons?. Thanks again Rob.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
I wish it was something exciting but alas no. Dad taxi and it will be parent taxi tonight!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
At least you had something to read while the paint dried....:whistle2:
Great job C1...:friends:

Thanks pburv :grinning:

Had some carbon fibre vinyl left.. so thought have a go at the spoiler..

Not sure what I think yet! I think I like it.. don't want it looking 'chavvy', but I think it just compliments the mirrors nicely and helps differentiate it slightly from the crowd of standard a3s. Thoughts? Keep or remove?
DSC 4908
DSC 4912
DSC 4909

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Did you take the mirrors off to wrap? Wrapped a few things on other cars whilst on it but think the mirrors may be to fiddly?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Thanks pburv :grinning:

Had some carbon fibre vinyl left.. so thought have a go at the spoiler..

Not sure what I think yet! I think I like it.. don't want it looking 'chavvy', but I think it just compliments the mirrors nicely and helps differentiate it slightly from the crowd of standard a3s. Thoughts? Keep or remove?
View attachment 96383 View attachment 96384 View attachment 96385
Looks really good that! Cracking job with the wrap itself too, by the looks of it, good work!

Reactions: Brasso, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Looks like you might as well do the chrome strips around the windows to finish the look...:salute:

Reactions: zippster, James_TDi and Rob2k68
00209f41b45483f6898dc76674cbb42a.jpg
5628304cf48f9b532ddf230ea6902bf0.jpg

Reactions: zippster, pburv, Dunedin and 1 other person
Ordered a new gearknob at least an extra 15bhp !!

Reactions: zippster, AndyB-S3, Jassyo06 and 5 others
A pretty decent 2 1/2 hour clean today ready for VAG Tuner Live on Sunday.

Love Daytona in this light ......

IMG 9905

Reactions: albu, pburv, Jassyo06 and 5 others
Did you take the mirrors off to wrap? Wrapped a few things on other cars whilst on it but think the mirrors may be to fiddly?

I took them off mate! Did attempt to do one on the car, and although it made things easier with not having to hold it, it failed miserably when it came to cutting the excess around the edge. much easier off to get it right round the edges.

Cheers for the comments guys!

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg and Rob2k68