Off road tyres for Allroad

realtec

Reaction score
Hi,

This has no doubt been asked before, but I've searched the forum and can't see a straight answer. It's true the allroad is a hell of a car, but I live at the back of a farm, and when the track I have to drive on (30 degree incline) to get to our house gets a snow covering in winter, or when I'm towing my bike trailor with two motocross bikes to a enduro event usually in a farmers field, the pirelli p6 allroad tyres let the car down badly. I know these tyres are road tyres, but no-one seems to be able to suggest or offer an off road tyre. Is there a off road tyre I can fit to a spare set of wheels so I can switch them over accordingly? I don't want a compromise tyre.

Rick

Hi,

I'm from the UK, and I'm living in Canada at the moment, and I've bought an 2001 Allroad 2.7T. I drove from Toronto to the other side of Canada, to British Columbia, on the standard Allroad tyres. When I started driving on snow covered roads I found that they were not very good, the traction control light often flashed etc. I changed them for some proper winter tyres, some Toyo Garit KX.

They made such a difference in snow, no traction control lights and loads of grip, and the car isn't noisy and seems to handle the same on dry rooads. I don't know if these tyres are available in the UK, but try to get something similar.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…