MAF Fault

Stuson

Reaction score
The other day because of that heavy rain, water at one point actually managed to splash up over my air filter! Not good. As soon as I got to work I took it off to dry it out. That evening I decided to put my airbox back on, better safe than sorry.
Now I am getting a fault code from my maf.
The red(ish) coloured insert that goes into the maf plug as fallen apart now. Would this affect the maf at all?

Also I noticed that my maf has five pins but the plug has four, is this normal?

Any help and advice on this is much appreciated.

While not ideal as long as the pins connect then the plug should be fine... You can buy replacement plugs from an audi dealer for a couple of quid...

The fault code suggests a faulty Maf but best thing is to clear it and see if it comes back in light of your water incident... If it comes back then it's most likely the MAF needs replacing

<tuffty/>

While not ideal as long as the pins connect then the plug should be fine... You can buy replacement plugs from an audi dealer for a couple of quid...

The fault code suggests a faulty Maf but best thing is to clear it and see if it comes back in light of your water incident... If it comes back then it's most likely the MAF needs replacing

<tuffty/>

Right ok I will get a new plug I think.

Yeah the fault code keeps coming back on after it is cleared. That's quite annoying as the MAF was changed about six months ago.:(

Thanks for your help mate. :)

That's brilliant, thank you very much mate.
I was going to ask you about fitting but your thread shows it perfectly. :thumbs up: