33 miles to 15.33 litres ???

sakib

Reaction score
Poor mpg but i do mainly short drives like a mile or 2 and engine temp not reached 90 as am.aware car does overfuel when warming up but still carnt be this bad using 15.33 litres and i have only done 33 miles. I have done maf logging just to check it wasnt faulty amd i reads around 180 mg/s 2 gear up to red line so that carnt be causing bad mpg. Only mod i have done is n249 bypass ?? What can cause this???

I know :-( i.have spent £1000 pound on service too inc plugs oil filter , fuel filter, engine oil, gearbox oil, haldex oil and filter , new rocker gasket, new sump. Drop link rear links and ball joints alone with new temp sensor and thermostat. And i use shell v power

You have had a fuel filter, do you have a fuel leak somewhere thats the only thing I can see that would cause that bad a fuel economy reading. Or possibly they forgot to put oil in the engine.

Karl.

Fuel filter was changed too and hahahh forgot oil .... as if

No i havent not got vcds

But i have torque app on phone and obd2 blutooth adapter and can record short on long term fuel trims . What should it be anyway am going to try later

Rpm vs short fuel trip

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-12-13-39-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-12-13-39-46.png
    645.5 KB · Views: 126
About a mile drive this was

:lmfao:Hahah it does if you join the dots m does it look normal or not??

at the top of the chart settings , click on line chart instead of scatter , that will give you a better chart

and create 2 gauges , 1 for short term fuel trim and one for long term trims and go drive for 10 miles :icon thumright:

Ok will do tommorow back of my head i did have long and short trim on display and long trim started of at 2.3 and stopped at +0.8 to -0.8 at steady driving at 30mph . Will try again tomorow so its more accurate