Uniroyal Rainsport 3's

barkclark

Reaction score
Plunging for 4 new tyres soon. Currently on Continental Sport Contact 3's which have been fantastic. Sadly I doubt my budget can stretch that far! I had Rainsport 2's on the back of my Ford fiesta with no problems, any one got experience of rainsport 3's on an A4 Avant?

Any other tyre recommendations welcome !

Reactions: S4_dan
Yup, I have. I had them fitted in November on my 2.5 Q Avant and I LOVE them!!
I used to use Conti Sport 3's too and I love them. But the Rainsports in the wet/snow/ice are excellent. Plenty of grip. I have driven on dry roads with them and they are fine too. Road noise is minimal. Can't comment on tyre wear yet as I've only done about 1k on them.

Fantastic! Tyre wear is pretty good. I know the 2's were on the back of my fiesta. But over a year (~12,000miles) they were showing very little wear!

Even if you don't run XL, XL gives you a stiffer sidewall thus a sportier drive.

Reactions: barkclark
I've had them on my previous cupra and found them great tyre for the money.

Reactions: barkclark
Rainsport 3's have jumped a little in price. I hear people rate Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's?

Yeah they were £65 for 225/40/18 XL but have jumped up to £75. The V'reds split the difference! Every £1 counts when I am spending about a grand! Haha