Does a 2.5 Quattro box fit a 1.9 engine

jan_s4_03

Reaction score
I never tried but I'm after getting a Quattro system from a mate that is breaking his 1.8t Quattro for my 1.9 Awx does anyone know if the 2.5 box fits the 1.9 engine any help is welcome thanks

Your question is very vague, is that a 2.5 tdi quattro box or 1.8 T quattro box ? Petrol box onto diesel is no go...

So your putting Quattro running gear on to your 1.9 d is your a car Quattro now ?? If not it won't fit without a lot of mods to your car floor pan

Mine is a 1.9 Tdi. Iv a quattro system from 1.8t . I need a box

I know the 1.8 t box doesn't fit my engine. Does the 2.5 fit my engine is what I'm trien find out

You've got no chance of fitting a Quattro gear box to your car as a Quattro floor pan is totally diffent to a fwd car

Have you ever tried doin anything similar any chance

Why do you want to fit this gear box then ???

It would prob be easier and cheaper to just buy a Quattro why build what can be bought.

I want to make mine a Quattro but I can't find a 1.9 Quattro box

I have the wauttro system there just need to find a box. Ah something to do

I have the wauttro system there just need to find a box. Ah something to do
If your car's a b6 then you can retrofit the quattro system, all mounting points are there ! You will need the prop, rear subframe with diff and deiveshafts, full suspension, rear hubs, gearbox and fuel tank. If you need parts for a conversion i have pretty much everything you need from a quattro i broke for parts...

I have all them parts I got the lot of my mate. It's just the box I'm looking for

May be if you get a 1.9 quattro gear box case and fit 2.5 internals

It will fit, in the end they are both 01E gearboxes...1.9Tdi will have no problem running the 2.5 Tdi quattro box however you will find the 1 and 2nd gear might be to long and really done for towing...will be a bit sluggish on the 1.9 Tdi... rest of the gears are pretty well spaced and it will have a much higher final drive. The rear diff also needs to come from the 2.5 tdi as they have different ratio...

I don't mind the long gears as I won't be rallying it. Will the diff from the 1.8t do

You need to find the diff code and look-/ask at the dealer for the final drive...

That's perfect I was told diff could be the same but the drive shaft could be different

The diff code will tell if it's the same final drive as the diff in the gearbox. The v6 tdi propshaft might be well different, i know for sure the v6 one is much thicker gauge steel and therefore heavier... You will also need the quattro crosmember and exhaust system, however i have seen fwd and quattro using similar crosmember. Good luck with your quest, unless the car owes you much money i struggle to see the point of the conversion- it's cheaper to just buy the real thing !