Alternator whine with new head unit on S3 with Bose

JaimeCal

Reaction score
Fitted an aftermarket head unit to my car, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121444155398, everything works absolutely perfectly except an incredibly bad interference when the engine is turned on. Alternator whine and an occasional high pitch buzz. I have tried regrounding to no avail.

All i can think of is an issue with the fact that the Bose system is amped differently?

Anyone else had this issue?

its the bose amp, it's rubbish and changing the head unit has probably lead to a difference in signal to noise ratio and the noise is because of that

Absolute lad. Thanks a lot!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers for the replies people.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi, bit of a thread resurrection - but at least it's still the same year! Did these work for you?

I have tried just about everything on mine - so far settling with Ground Loop Isolators temporarily, but I would be interested to know if these did in fact solve the issue for you, and would be a good closure to the thread.

Cheers

Ive had to settle with ground loop isolators too, the item above is just a loop isolator for 2 sets of rca's.

I had a similar issue on 2 different headunits.
I tried re grounding, Min sucess.
GLI (which worked but cut bass.)

Ist one was fixed when I put tape around outside of din aerial connector so only centre pin was connected.
Could not fix 2nd unit... UNTIL I got a flat battery and had to swap it out.
Issue went :smilecat: