Sprinter is actually a sprinter!

Sprinter2012

Reaction score
So as well as being into cars and computers, I'm also a sprinter for my local athletics club Radley AC, and also compete for Southampton AC in the British Athletics League. I've competed at everything from local club opens to the 2012 Olympic Trials (hence the second half of my username).

My events are 60m, 100m and 200m. Although my preferred event is 200m as that's the one I'm best at.

My times for those three events are 6.97 seconds (60m), 10.83 (100m) and 21.39 (200m).

In February 2013 I won a 200m bronze medal at the UK Indoor Championships/European Trials, pictured below...

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

And here's a couple of videos of my races that season. This is me winning the second heat of an indoor 200m at the Birmingham Games in 2013 (red/white/blue vest in outside lane)

And here's an outdoor 200m from 2013 of me winning my race at a British Athletics League meeting in Derby (red and white vertical striped vest in lane 7)...

I could go on forever about this, but it would probably bore most of you. But if anyone wants to know more feel free to ask. :)

Reactions: JudderMan, Ghost, Darren92 and 3 others
Wow, thats excellent, I used to love athletics and was in the School teams as well, my events were 100m and 200m, however they were a good few years ago, I can still have a good blast now if necessary but I am so unfit, i really need to get back into shape again.

My son likes running literally everywhere, so im hoping he will take up running and I would like him to compete too.

Reactions: Ghost
Wow, thats excellent, I used to love athletics and was in the School teams as well, my events were 100m and 200m, however they were a good few years ago, I can still have a good blast now if necessary but I am so unfit, i really need to get back into shape again.

My son likes running literally everywhere, so im hoping he will take up running and I would like him to compete too.

Funnily enough I'm sort of the opposite, I managed to slip through the net at school and never really did anything more than a sports day. It wasn't until after I finished school that I really started it properly and got good at it.

OK, hands up those who thought of this when they saw the thread title?

Haha, I get no end of people thinking my username is a reference to the Mercedes van so you're certainly not the only one. :watermelon:

+1..... :redface new:

Well done mate, that's a pretty big deal in the National scheme of things.

Thanks mate, not bad considering I work full time and at the time I got the medal was only training on 2 or 3 days a week! I'm now (since November 2014) doing 3 track sessions a week plus two gym sessions, so we'll see what happens...:undwech:

I was really into it at school, loved it in fact, then just got sidelined by other distractions...lol!!

Jo - Im with you too, i actually thought it was a thread about the van as well!!