Water leak

Bigmartin2006

Reaction score
Hi,
Recently had problems with my A4 2007 cabriolet sline. Central locking,windows,alarm,interior light,rear parking sensor! called in some favours discovered alot! yes alot of water in front/rear passsenge footwell. removed the central comfort unit from the front footwell. Looks damaged no expert though! Any help in where the water could be getting in? Checked in and around the battery/filter looks dry! Plus any help in trying to find a new unit? Dont fancy paying £300 from dealer. Cheers

Ive had the very same thing this week ...and took the unit out to find a moudly and rotted ccm !?.....cannot find one on ebay nor any of the breakers so ive bitten the bullet and ordered one ......BUT need to find where its coming from ,.i must of emptied about ten litres of water out of the front and back and used about 6 towels so far to get it from carpets etc . ive left the ccm plugged in whilst i use the car out of the carpet for now ...

ive bought a new pollen filter surround/seal so know the front is done , ive already popped the two grommets under the batter and servo so thats done and dry /ok ...

next one is after reading a lot over the last few days appears that there is drain holes at the rear of the car where the hood goes into ....this appears to be a common fail ...as mine also has a little bit not a lot coming into the boot panel too !?....so looks like its coming from the roof area down into the pass side .....my drivers side is fine but pass side was real bad ! .....

do a search on here , ive started a word document and copied all the threads off here , and I will be working through each problem/help topic to make sure all avenues are covered as I certainly aint forking out for a second CCM !!! ......

Good Luck on your quest fellow cabby man !

Ant

Ive had the very same thing this week ...and took the unit out to find a moudly and rotted ccm !?.....cannot find one on ebay nor any of the breakers so ive bitten the bullet and ordered one ......BUT need to find where its coming from ,.i must of emptied about ten litres of water out of the front and back and used about 6 towels so far to get it from carpets etc . ive left the ccm plugged in whilst i use the car out of the carpet for now ...

ive bought a new pollen filter surround/seal so know the front is done , ive already popped the two grommets under the batter and servo so thats done and dry /ok ...

next one is after reading a lot over the last few days appears that there is drain holes at the rear of the car where the hood goes into ....this appears to be a common fail ...as mine also has a little bit not a lot coming into the boot panel too !?....so looks like its coming from the roof area down into the pass side .....my drivers side is fine but pass side was real bad ! .....

do a search on here , ive started a word document and copied all the threads off here , and I will be working through each problem/help topic to make sure all avenues are covered as I certainly aint forking out for a second CCM !!! ......

Good Luck on your quest fellow cabby man !

Ant

Thanks,

I will give it a go see what happens!
Local garage told me to try and dry out the CCM first before I buy a new one. Hopefully by next week I should see what's going on.

Thanks again.

Martin