What don't you like about your A3

Have you experimented with having the rears open a crack whilst doing this? Seems to make it better for me (sportback).

I will have to try this to see if it makes things bearable. Did think about wind deflectors but I cant bring myself to do that, it reminds too much of old cars from the 70's!

Like this? :whistle2:
902_6_.jpg

They've come a long way since those days and don't look bad (despite what the forum police have to say). :grimacing:

Reactions: veeeight
Only minor niggle for me is......

Wind buffering - Open Front Windows above 25mph.

Find that above 25mph its almost painful to have the front windows fully open. This means that driving along in 30mph zones with windows down is very difficult. I have tried several differnt seating positions and all seem to result in getting my head blown off.

Anyone else noticed this, or is this just me...??

Jungle
My solution - keep the windows closed and use the aircon :blahblah1:

Reactions: Daveotto and sunscreemer
Works for me, I never have the windows open.

Me to.

You get dirt, grease, smog, global warming etc. coming into your car. I like to keep the interior clean (vacuum and polish every week!) so windows down = OCD nightmare.

Exceptions are when it's really hot, and it's a Saturday, and I have sunglasses on. :rock:

Reactions: Blackwhite
Me to.

You get dirt, grease, smog, global warming etc. coming into your car. I like to keep the interior clean (vacuum and polish every week!) so windows down = OCD nightmare.

add me to that list, and its not that the engine/exhaust note sounds any better, really .....

I have all four windows down and the roof off.
Blasting along at 70 / 80 mph with all that wind is a joyous experience.

Have to say though that with the four windows up and the windbreaker in place, the wind is barely noticeable.
Only have the above in place if there's a female presence in the car - the constant moaning about hair, etc is just not worth the hassle.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have all four windows down and the roof off.
Blasting along at 70 / 80 mph with all that wind is a joyous experience.

Have to say though that with the four windows up and the windbreaker in place, the wind is barely noticeable.
Only have the above in place if there's a female presence in the car - the constant moaning about hair, etc is just not worth the hassle.
unfortunately or fortunately as the case maybe, the roof not coming off on mine anytime soon....:laughing:

Many of you complain about your cars,I like my A3 even if it is old car,audi are the best ever car.

Look at the cigarette lighter socket, the ring around the edge of it lights up red when the lights are on, also if u have the nav screen on the colours change to night mode :)
This is a useful identifier but only works if the lights are switched on manually or automatically by virtue of light level. If the lights come on because it's raining the panel lights do not come on - so no indicator round the cigarette lighter!!!

Only a tiny grumble ...

Lack of positive check positions when opening the doors.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Do you mean it doesn't hold the door half open?
Mine does. Just like all other cars I have had.
There's no half door/stall opening on a Sportsback.......l have needed the mrs to hold the door whilst l entered her....lol, the S3 that is, as them next door had a skip parked in the drive, so l had to park closer to the side of our the house

Reactions: Rob2k68
Simple solution......get a saloon!!
I wonder why the SB doesn't have it?

For my spec l defintely Wouldnt pay,£43,000 for a Saloon.............but the door closing is just a minor Glitch, as Roberto mentioned

Reactions: Rob2k68
Have you experimented with having the rears open a crack whilst doing this? Seems to make it better for me (sportback).

Fair play, having both rear windows cracked open does improve the buffering quite a bit. Its no longer unbearable to have the front windows down over 25mph. Thanks ... My minor niggle is now greatly improved !!!!

I've also found this to be a good remedy, u can comfortably do 80mph with the drivers window fully down if you open the drivers side rear window about 4 inches :)