Solid flywheel conversion 1.8t

vwgtiking

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a valeo kit? Or any links?

Also Would this smf cope with 280bhp?

go to your local motor factors and ask for a OEM singlemass conversion kit.

I would suggest GSF would be your best bet. But EuroCarParts or AndrewPage or something along those lines will be fine.

Or even try ebay.

An OEM kit would be in Saches or LUK

Don't do it it will make your car drive crap

Don't do it it will make your car drive ****

Have you drive a car with a conversion fitted?

99% of people wouldn't notice the difference between a dual mass and a single mass.

Usually the only reason people change is because the dual mass is fubard. Or they are going for more power and would have to change the dual mass eventually anyway.

Yeah Valeo is an oem manufacturer. It's not the flywheel that would struggle. It's the clutch. I've heard that you can buy the flywheel and clutch from a VR6 which you can find up rated clutches for too

Yeah Valeo is an oem manufacturer. It's not the flywheel that would struggle. It's the clutch. I've heard that you can buy the flywheel and clutch from a VR6 which you can find up rated clutches for too

They fit the mk4 platform only?

Will any uprated clutch fit the oem smf or dmf? Or will the cultch need to match the flywheel??

Decided to go with the valeo hd clutch kit. Next thing is to find somewhere that sells it.

i dont know about the VR6 only fitting mk4/A3 platform. I just know that some of the A3 boys where using them as uprated over Dual mass. But thats the only info I have so more then likely.

In regards to the uprated clutch, I think that the clutch set up is different in each the single or dual mass. So you would need to source a different uprated clutch if going for a single mass set up.

The best thing to do is search the web for uprated clutch and flywheel for the a4, as alot or most of the tuning ive heard of for the 20V engine is mostly a3/Golf based.

Im sure someone does uprated items but who I dont know.

A quick search braught up this

http://store.034motorsport.com/audi-a4-1-8t-b5-b6-southbend-clutch-kit.html.

they also do a solid flywheel from the looks of things. The only problem is its all over seas stuff and so means expensive dutys etc.

Find an uprated clutch over in the UK and i would worry too much about the dualmass, aslong as its in good condition it should come fine with the power. But dont hold me to that

G60/VR6 Fly & Clutch combo will only fit a transverse mounted 1.8T.

Also - as mentioned above, a SMF clutch will not fit a DMF and vice versa.