Drivers door not locking

shash_128

Reaction score
I have a Audi A4 b6
I removed the driver's door door lock, dismantled it and cleaned it. Put it all back in now the drivers door doesn't lock.
Even when I manually try to lock the door with the key in the barrel it doesn't lock.

I can see a thick wire from the barrel to the door lock. Which turns when you turn the key. Maybe it isn't connected to the lock properly?

Even if it isn't the door should lock with the key fob right?

Why did you take it apart ?? Maybe try take it apart again

Hi, I took it apart as I was having central locking issues. I read that the microchip in the driver's door lock could not be working properly as there may be dirt on it. So I took it apart and cleaned it, then put it back to together but now the drivers door doesn't lock.

you got a multi meter if so check for power

I'll check for power tomorrow, i do hear a noise from the lock when I lock the doors so they may be power.
I believe the thick wire from the barrel to the door lock. Which turns when you turn the key. Maybe it isn't connected to the lock properly?
The end of the wire has a flat head which slots into the lock. I pushed it into the slot but its a loose fitting. Is it meant to be loose?

had an idea pop down to the breakers yard and get a another door lock the you can see how it comes apart