1st Official 8V RS3 shots

Sorry but that about not wasting a build slot is a load of rubbish. That's like saying all the A1's are built last, just because it's a lesser spec saying it's put to the back of the queue.

Yeah, that seemed a bit odd to me too. As though a dealer would reject an order if you don't spend over £5k on options.

With regards to the sound, at least on the inside, surely it would be possible to do something to the S3 via the soundaktor (or whatever it is) to replicate the noise the RS3 makes. The latest Clio gives you different engine sounds to choose from.

Clio sound

Yeah, that seemed a bit odd to me too. As though a dealer would reject an order if you don't spend over £5k on options.

With regards to the sound, at least on the inside, surely it would be possible to do something to the S3 via the soundaktor (or whatever it is) to replicate the noise the RS3 makes. The latest Clio gives you different engine sounds to choose from.

View attachment 54696

Fake engine noise doesnt do it for me !

If they only have 3 build slots and a queue of customers willing to order a fully loaded RS3 why would you pass that over for a basic one at a lower purchase price? Think that was my sales guys logic! My dealer only has 3 slots post the initial allocation I believe.

Sorry - didn't explain that too well!

Reactions: Psyman79
Once they take your deposit dont they have to deliver the goods, or will they guzzump you !

Sounds like sales patter to me, basically spec it up or we wont even take your deposit !

If Audi are getting like that them I'm definitely out.

But there aren't limited build slots of the RS3 - it is not restricted in production numbers like the last RS3 was.

It will have on-going production runs like any other car in the Audi range be it an S3, RS5, A1 or whatever.

Hope reports are wrong, I don't even like the RS3 but to be told by a dealer I can't have one as not spent 7K on options is disgusting.

Like you said, with not being limited should not be a issue.

I would be disgusted too mate.

If I was told that after having 3 previous consecutive Audi's I wouod go nuts with the Salesman / Dealership.

Reactions: The Challinor
I've had a long conversation with my dealer today - totally different viewpoint. No limits on production runs, orders open in April, build starts June, customer delivery from end of July onwards. No issues whatsoever on spec or limits on numbers.

Reactions: ThatOneDude, Snake Pliskin, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
Sales
If they only have 3 build slots and a queue of customers willing to order a fully loaded RS3 why would you pass that over for a basic one at a lower purchase price? Think that was my sales guys logic! My dealer only has 3 slots post the initial allocation I believe.

Sorry - didn't explain that too well!
Sales guys commission doesn't work on value so he wouldn't give a shiney. It's complicated how it does work but I know its not based on the value of the sale.

Sales

Sales guys commission doesn't work on value so he wouldn't give a shiney. It's complicated how it does work but I know its not based on the value of the sale.

That does make sense, since I've never been pressurized to buy more extras, just the car itself.

Build might not be limited but a dealers individual allocation might be tight hence 3 initial cars to order for launch and then another 3 cars soon after for a small dealership I don't think is unusual. Some dealers might have a much higher allocation.....therefore no issues.

You are also forgetting its the dealership group that has the allocation target - not the salesman. As others had said - its complicated and has nothing to do with how quickly or how many the factory can necessarily build. VAG also use a banded finance commission structure that works on how much the customer borrows. The more you borrow, the more they get.

Dealer can either use this commission to sweeten a deal further or have a higher profit in the car. "Renewal" is the other big commission - you renew a finance agreement by buying another Audi, there is a further bonus for the dealer.

Last edited:
Well I have decided the RS3 just is not for me!! Been having a good look around and have come up with a great plan... for about 10-15k less I have just priced up a brand new V8 monster....can you guess what it is? there's a horse in the badge..:)

ok ok it is not a like for like and no doubt depreciation / running costs etc will be worse but am pretty sure will have a bigger smile for the noise alone..and more pennies in my pocket that will make me :Deven more..lol and it looks kinda nice.. Don't worry I am keeping the S3..:kissmyrings: trading the TT in for it.. :)

Reactions: Louay
Well I have decided the RS3 just is not for me!! Been having a good look around and have come up with a great plan... for about 10-15k less I have just priced up a brand new V8 monster....can you guess what it is? there's a horse in the badge..:)

ok ok it is not a like for like and no doubt depreciation / running costs etc will be worse but am pretty sure will have a bigger smile for the noise alone..and more pennies in my pocket that will make me :Deven more..lol and it looks kinda nice.. Don't worry I am keeping the S3..:kissmyrings: trading the TT in for it.. :)
Do tell us!

Mustang

Reactions: Louay
And in RHD.. my dreams have finally come true!!.. although the wife has now decided would be better with the 2.3 eco boost..now i am not sure if could have a mustang without a 5.0 v8?..;-/

Reactions: Steph67
And in RHD.. my dreams have finally come true!!.. although the wife has now decided would be better with the 2.3 eco boost..now i am not sure if could have a mustang without a 5.0 v8?..;-/

just no, a Mustang without the V8 ...what's the point - stick to hot hatches or any of the euro v8s but if it's a USA coupe, Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, etc a v8 is mandatory ! down under even our full size family barges - Commodores & Falcons are a waste of space , if they don't have the V8s

Andy, I think the better question is, could you have a mustang without the V8? :D:D:D

Edit - just reread your post (DOH!) we're both on the same page!

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Am just gonna go and give her a slap for even contemplating it..haha nah no way could I do that! Crime against mustangs!! ;)

If anyone is still interested you can now configure the RS 3 on the Audi.de site.

oh.. they are nice!! Wonder if I can get a set for my S3 yet..haha

This is a major disappointment for me. Rotors are far too dated, no matter the colour to put on a brand new car. Not sure what they were thinking? Someone at Audi must really love them.

That Nardo grey with the black pack looks really nice in the a German brochure!!

The "new" style rotors are OK. They are a refreshed design if you look closely......

Also looks like the SS seats have a more supportive base than the ones on the S3.

I hope they've redesigned them so they don't shed their coating after a year. 3 out of 4 of my 8P S3 Titanium Rotors had to be replaced under warranty.

Very much doubt it......

Just looks like the brushed tips have been redesigned. They are OK but would agree they are super fragile.

Very nice :)

I couldn't see a picture of the carbon ceramic brakes, are they in the spec lost somewhere?

So the first customer builds will be BW22 - with deliveries Jul...... I have mine configured and have presented to SWMBO for endorsement. Stuck on colour though - catalunya red or sepang blue

On the right on the seat page of the brochure.

They are not on the German configurator though.

Well, Jethro Bovingdon at Evo mag has just written up an article on his slightly less Audi-controlled test of the new RS. Surprisingly he was a little underwhelmed! Suggests the G*** R and by extension the S3 are the better value. I then tweeted him direct asking what he thinks in my position (8P S3 to new S3 or wait for the RS?) and he suggested it's not value for money. I know it's a more special car but with a REVO map, perhaps I'm better off saving some money and sticking with S3...