Gear oil, 2.0 tdi quattro manual

jhonness

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone changed gear oil and what was the result? Think the transmission code is 0b2? i have a bit notchy second gear and want change the oil :)

Also what kind of oil should i use

Nice, can i use that oil in 0b2?
what about Valvoline TDL?
and is the original oil G052 532 A2 manufactured by Castrol?

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...hanges-when-cold-2-0-tdi-s-line.201592/page-2

According to ETKA the recommended oil is G052 911 the A1 or A2 on the end just means 0.5 or 1L bottle. A1 is 0.5L , A2 1L .
It's hard to tell who makes the OE oil, I couldn't find an exact match for G052 911 when I changed the oil in mine so got it from the dealers. some people seem to have had positive outcomes changing oil for thinner stuff, some not.
Buying it from the dealers is about twice the cost of getting something like Fuchs from Opie or Fleabay.
I did some basic testing, lots of research and ended up buying the genuine stuff from my local Skoda dealer.

Karls 3.0 TDI build thread

karl.

Nice car Karl,
Think mine use different oil than yours, you have 0b4 gearbox for 3.0 tdi and i 0b2 gearbox.

Yes that is probably correct, wonder what is so different between 0b2 and 0b4 on 0b4 you have a more conventional oil but on 0b2 it is only the VAG oil and Motul DSG oil.
Maybe that the reason for these transmission having synchro problem(at least mine have) because it uses strange oil.
If i drive like now it will eat the synchro ring on second gear that is for sure

Last edited:
The 0B2 is the light duty less than 350Nm gearbox and 0B4 above 350Nm.

attachment.php

This documnent gives a lot of info on the gearbox specs which is the same on the A5 as the A4.
http://training.avme.net/admin/Upload/SSP/4801_392 Audi A5 generell.pdf

On the 0B4 they have triple cone synchronisers on 1st and second and dual cone on 3rd-6th.
On the 0B2 they have only a triple cone on 1st , dual cone on second and a single cone 3rd to 6th.

So the synchronisation capability of the 0B2 box is not as good as the 0B4 . It's possible the oil was changed to something that would help the synchronisers.
The OB4 is a Getrag box, or is made under licence by Audi , where as the 0B2 is an Audi box made in the gearbox plant at Kasse

Karl.

Reactions: Kalashnikov
Think it is more an oil problem than gearbox problem