It's all your fault audi sport!!!

I have added the parts list to another thread I will put a link to it in a bit

Turns out I have some during photos too, the techs took some photos for me and have just emailed them across
IMG 3012
IMG 3013
IMG 3014
IMG 3016
IMG 3018
IMG 3019
IMG 3028
IMG 3029
IMG 3035

Reactions: Tyrer, barkclark and gary_a4_quattro
You've been a busy boy, well the garage has. Sure you spending more money on your car than I spend on my house:friendly wink:

You've been a busy boy, well the garage has. Sure you spending more money on your car than I spend on my house:friendly wink:
I (they) certainly have.

The only thing that really annoys me at the moment is I can't get out and drive it as im currently got tonsillitis and a weird side effect is I feel drunk all the time. Apparently something to do with it affecting my inner ear and balance. I daren't drive it in case I have an accident!

Normally I relish staying at home feeling sorry for myself but this time I just want to get better, and quickly.

judging by how clean the inside of your alloys are, you have way to much free time chap, fancy doing mine like that.

judging by how clean the inside of your alloys are, you have way to much free time chap, fancy doing mine like that.
Easy to get them like that, you just need plenty of iron out/ fall out cleaner applied on a weekly basis.

The floorpan looks worryingly clean as well :blink:

----and get well soon:yes:
Thanks I hope to be very soon.

Not guilty regarding cleanliness of floorpan. I think it's just good metals and undertray that's keing things fresh

Having a bad day, go to doctors in my car against my better judgment to see why I'm a bit wobbly on my feet. Park up fine then, when leaving I start up the car and oil level sensor light pops up. "****** better get that looked" at i thought. Onwards journey ahoy, into reverse full lock crawl backwards not paying much attention as I'm not quite with it and crunch, one ruined alloy :rage:

What a complete tosser! I only had these refurbed less than 12 months ago

By the way does anyone know the cost of a new sensor and if it requires removing the oil to do the job?

I would hazard a guess at around £30-£40 (make sure you get a genuine one), and yes the oil will have to be drained.
If it doesn't use oil, or you keep any eye on it if it does, then you might as well leave it until your next service.

I would hazard a guess at around £30-£40 (make sure you get a genuine one), and yes the oil will have to be drained.
If it doesn't use oil, or you keep any eye on it if it does, then you might as well leave it until your next service.
Yeah found out what's involved, will be leaving it until next service. They're £90!

Never ****** ending!...

Looks like the rear upper control arms have seen better days too. Its some of the worst corrosion I've ever seen on chassis parts, anyone else's like this too?

Photo0028

Yep. Seems a lot of modern cars end up like this. My S4 is similarly adorned with a textured brown finish but the A3(only a year younger but 20k. more miles) isn't.

It took me by suprise as apart from the shocks all the other stuff that I've just replaced looked nothing like these. Having said that I wouldn't expect the front control arms to be rusty as they're alloy.

I did think of wire brushing them and giving them a coat of paint or Waxoyl. Seems a lot of work which I haven't time for.

Ah now then chap, as one gets older and wiser, well maybe not wiser with cars, one will soon realise older cars etc will allways become a bottomless pit on your hard earned pennies with no chance of one ever getting the better of it, i'm an older ( middle aged may be better) person and have been down this road so many times and still have not learn any lessons , and still buy a car that becomes a constant drain on the piggy bank.......
would I do it again, more than likely.

Money aside I enjoy it. It (sadly) gives me great sitisfaction knowing an old car I own is getting close to being good as new. I know it'll never be that but I want to get it close as I possibly can.

Like I've said before I could have purchased a b8 in much better condition but I don't like them, either in looks or the finish. I really think standards are dropping with the newer models especially the interior. Quality of leather for one

Anyway as for the piggy bank, things will happen at a much slower pace for me now. I've literally just today finished paying off my credit card bill of many thousands of pounds that this car has cost me. It's getting cut up now and everything is going to be paid for with my money, not borrowed money.

yep, way to go chap ,best not owing for car stuff really, and you are doing a top job on your avant shame about the wheel scuff, more reason now to get them changed now for something else.
keep up the 1st class work steve.

Only a little thing but it was doing my head in every time I opened the bonnet so...

Bit more rust removal today...

Before.

After.

Also picked up a brand new genuine set of audi car mats today for a absolute steal. Much better fit and finish than my old halfords "premium" mats

Reactions: Tyrer
Kind of, the bracket you can see was changed today the bracket that sits right behind that was changed last week. I didn't realise the one I replaced today had metal parts at that time, I thought they were washers but in fact they are part of the bracket

What is that bracket called? I need one on the near side, if you have the part number even better.

The plastic ones that the bumper bolts too shown in the photo?

if you want to go the whole hog like me, you will need six bolts N905 558 01

Just looked at this thread again and noticed it only lists left & right rather than n/s & o/s. Afraid I dont know which is which as in not sure if left and right would be looking from front or rear of car. Sorry

Can see the parts list now, Ta.
It's from sitting in the drivers seat that decides left/right. Don't forget using the terms n/s & o/s is the other way round on left hand drive cars, could lead to confusion internationally.

Had a spare hour on my hands so thought I'd give the engine bay a once over. Not anywhere near as good as id have liked but it's better.

Also even though I've only done 100 miles since suspension changes looks like just time rather that milage is making the springs settle in a little more up front. Here's hoping it drops a bit more too.

I guess he has the covers, he's just polishing them up in his armchair as we speak..

Maybe the scuttle ones but I don't think I like like the two that cover the o/s & n/s of engine

If you ever get bored - my 150k engine bay could do with a spring clean ! :sweatsmile:

You coming to AITP at the weekend ?
Ride height looks spot on by the way, looks just how I want my next car sitting.

If you ever get bored - my 150k engine bay could do with a spring clean ! :sweatsmile:

You coming to AITP at the weekend ?
Ride height looks spot on by the way, looks just how I want my next car sitting.
Tbh I want it just a bit lower, about 5-10mm more at the front, rear is just right for me.

Would love to go the weekend but unfortunately it's my wife's birthday and we are out for that. No way I'm gonna get away scooting off for the day :grimacing: