It's all your fault audi sport!!!

When I've managed to fit the other re-sprayed bits it will be sent to my detailer for a quick mop and full spruce up. Once he's finished with it I will get some proper pictures under cover & in decent lighting in his garage :D

Yeah I think I'm in the minority with gloss black but I'm very pleased with it, I suppose that's all that matters really. :)

On another subject, very impressed with osram nightbreaker unlimited bulbs. Obviously there not going to ahem, hold a candle to hid's but the improvement over standard bulbs is very noticeable.

Clearer pic of fog grille

Reactions: Tyrer
Interior led's fitted. Apart from glove box because I can't figure out how to pop the bulb cover off. If anyone knows how please let me know

Reactions: Tyrer
coming along nicely:), but, you're missing one crucial part sir...... and its inside;) .

I have no idea what you're on about, black headliner? :think:

Are you insane! I bet that would be more than a grand for a new headliner

I will find out what it costs out of interest ;)

Come to think of it 1st on my interior wish list would be flat bottom steering wheel but £500 is too much for me. On the look out for a bargain

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Are you insane! I bet that would be more than a grand for a new headliner

I will find out what it costs out of interest ;)

saw 2 on fleabay recently complete headliner and pillars in vgc , one sold for £225.00, the other for £150.00 but was just the headliner, still cheap though.

saw 2 on fleabay recently complete headliner and pillars in vgc , one sold for £225.00, the other for £150.00 but was just the headliner, still cheap though.
Oh right now if I could pick up a real good one for that money it's a definate maybe. Bet it's a right bitch to fit one mind

Got mine custom made for £250 delivered from Poland, stayed with the A4 wheel so I could use my own airbag, prefer the squarer bag to the round TT style ones.

Red ambients are OEM and sit in the main interior light unit, dead easy to fit and only require two holes to be drilled, template for them are on the rear of the light unit. They cast a very subtle glow down over the stereo area of the centre console when the headlights are on.

Reactions: Tyrer and Charlie Farley
Got mine custom made for £250 delivered from Poland, stayed with the A4 wheel so I could use my own airbag, prefer the squarer bag to the round TT style ones.

Red ambients are OEM and sit in the main interior light unit, dead easy to fit and only require two holes to be drilled, template for them are on the rear of the light unit. They cast a very subtle glow down over the stereo area of the centre console when the headlights are on.

very nice, i like it, i like it lotsssssssssssssssss

Hmm, thanks I shall enquire at tps soon, sounds like a resonably low cost mod :)

Do you have to send your own steering wheel off to be altered or is it exchange basis? Did they totally re trim it also or just the bottom part?

Part number for the wee light module is 8E0919063A, can't remember how much they cost, £15 rings a bell.

No it's a straight sale and you keep your original wheel, full retrim in whatever you choose. I went for perforated leather with beefed up sides, smooth leather top and bottom with red stitching.

Part number for the wee light module is 8E0919063A, can't remember how much they cost, £15 rings a bell.

No it's a straight sale and you keep your original wheel, full retrim in whatever you choose. I went for perforated leather with beefed up sides, smooth leather top and bottom with red stitching.
Ace thanks, any chance you could pass on the details for the guys in Poland who made that steering wheel please?

When i changed the glovebox bulb i resorted to taking the whole glovebox out. Took no more than 10 mins out and in.

Cant afford the steering wheel yet but ambient lighting should be in this weekend if I get half hour spare. Mind you valentines and birthday parties may put pay to that :p

Now I've finally managed to remove the tailgate trim I've fitted canceler loom for number plate led's, underwelmed would be about the right feeling for those led's.

Also fitted the interior ambient lighting, underwhelmed again :(

Then I fitted the led side lights, that cheered me right up. Very good result, picture below left halogen right led :)

Glad you got that pesky tailgate trim off in the end :icon thumright:

Gotta agree with you about the ambient interior light, underwhelming indeed.... I was kinda disappointed, has to be dark without street lights to enjoy the benefit. What size hole did you drill through on the panel ? Wondering if I should open the hole up to 8mm or 10mm on mine if that will prevent the light being shrouded more than it should ? Anyone know what the factory size hole is ??

Started at 5mm ended up at 8mm hole, didn't notice any difference between them

Forgot to add this before, here's a better picture after a good clean.

I think the Cupra splitter is needed ;) Also thinking I may change rings to black.

IMG 0985

Reactions: Tyrer and Charlie Farley
looking very nice, much better pics sir:cool:.
So you just need a splitter;), oh yes and headlamp wash,parking sensors:)

looking very nice, much better pics sir:cool:.
So you just need a splitter;), oh yes and headlamp wash,parking sensors:)

Headlamp washers maybe but parking sensors, I don't need them I can drive unaided ;)

Edit: do headlight washers really work or are they just a bit of a gimmick

i find the headlamp washer to be very effective, but , you do need to use decent screen wash in the right ratio to be most effective.
they are standard fitment with the factory xenons and adaptive lighting options.

as for the sensors, i have never had them before and didnt think i would need them either, but they have had there uses recently so i'd say yes a handy option on front and rear.

I got sensors on rear but no need for fronts at all imo. In reality there's no chance of me retrofitting headlight washers as I would need a new bumper to do that :eek:

Looks the bees knobbly bits Sir ! - Very clean on the front now, the addition of the mesh to the fogs / ducts looks spot on, very good match to the RS4 Grill - it really finishes the look off :icon thumright:

Can I ask - you sourced the mesh from ebay supplier ? What material is it and if metal (steel or aluminium) is it punched / stamped or the expanded mesh variety ?

On another note, have you ordered the 'fan' washer jets yet ? Think I'll be making a call to TPS later ;) another brill little mod !

Looks the bees knobbly bits Sir ! - Very clean on the front now, the addition of the mesh to the fogs / ducts looks spot on, very good match to the RS4 Grill - it really finishes the look off :icon thumright:

Can I ask - you sourced the mesh from ebay supplier ? What material is it and if metal (steel or aluminium) is it punched / stamped or the expanded mesh variety ?

On another note, have you ordered the 'fan' washer jets yet ? Think I'll be making a call to TPS later ;) another brill little mod !

Thanks, I'm really getting the mod bug again :D

I've not ordered the washers yet as I have to see if my existing ones are heated or standard.

The mesh was from ebay (I think it was Ajax1976 that gave me a link to it originally) I will try to find it and put a link on here in a while. The mesh is actually moulded plastic, doesn't rust and is far easier to flex around curves of surrounds etc.

Quick update on what you have all got me spending money on again ;)

RS4 hand brake handle, upgraded washer nozzles, ambient interior lights and rear led number plate lights all fitted :)

Stuff on its way...
Power coated black roof rails
RS4 gearstick
Flat bottom steering wheel ( gone with same wheel as Ajax1976 )

Still on to do list...
Remap + DPF delete (can't believe I haven't done this yet :confused:)
Wrap chrome window surrounds in black
Flip up cig lighter unit
Lowering, no idea which route I'm going to take with this
Respray bonnet and wings
New wheels when I find ones that are original and work with the car, nothing outrageous

looks like your saving all the cheap mods to last then;), coming along nicely now, keep it going:icon thumright: