Common aesthetic mods

callmegoose

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently purchased my S3 after not owning a car for a few years. At this stage I am not in the position for doing major modifications to car/engine for a few reasons, but wouldn't mind doing some of the smaller things to try make the car slightly more aesthetically pleasing (more so than it already is) and functional.

When I got my first car (Corsa C) there was always smaller mods that were done such as spraying the console, changing aerial, adding a different splitter to the front bumper, spraying badges etc. I thought I would ask in the hopes of making a list to work through.

On my list so far:
  1. Replacing bulbs (all of them... I have 2 different colours in my xenons!!) This includes licence plate/interior/fog etc
  2. Adding bluetooth/AUX to my RNS-E.

aaaaand thats as far as I got. Any suggestions to carry out?

Cheers in advance.

P.s Its a 57 Plate Audi S3 8P "grey" with no clear mods been done to it.

Gloss Black B-Pillars
Black Edition front grill
Black Edition interior styling
Black Edition RNS-E
LED interior light upgrade (roof light, footwell, rear footwell, reg plate)
Grab handle LED lights
MY09 or MY11 rear lights

Just of the top of my head.

Interior led lights and rnse is all I have done

33BC243B-8A5E-4707-853B-3145E713A5B5-10954-0000068DDE52B11C.jpg

The white looks very bright, red looks better - is that a fair representation of what it looks like in the flesh?

Where did you get them and are they easy to fit?

I would like footwell lights but don't fancy the hassle of a retro fit.

Mine is. I can actually change the brightness on the DIS. Started off with white bulbs but didn't like them so went with Red LEDs from tups on here. Matches the rest of the interior well and a great mod. Some one here was doing wiring looms with instructions on how to do it. Thinking of doing it to the wife's a3 as mine was factory

The white looks very bright, red looks better - is that a fair representation of what it looks like in the flesh?

Where did you get them and are they easy to fit?

I would like footwell lights but don't fancy the hassle of a retro fit.

I jist bought waterproof RGB LED strip, a microcontroler with a remote and put them in myself. 1 hour of work :)

I jist bought waterproof RGB LED strip, a microcontroler with a remote and put them in myself. 1 hour of work :)
Any chance of a write up (how to) with pics?.... :racer:

Any chance of a write up (how to) with pics?.... :racer:

I only have 2 pictures, but I will try to explain the process. :)

You will need:

First off, you need to take apart the plastic below your steering wheel and the glovebox (like in the pictures).

wp20140226114327pro.jpg

wp20140226114322pro.jpg

Find the ground wire somewhere near the steering column (I used ground from my "Zeder car security system") and connect it to the microcontroller. Find unused fuse and take + from it and feed it to the microcontroller.

Glue the RGB LED strip to the plastic parts you just removed and connect one end to the microcontroller.

Test if remote and microcontroller work properly, if they do, put the plastic bits back where they used to be, hide microcontroller inside the plastic under steering wheel and make sure you put the receiver part of the microcontroller (for remote controller) somewhere visible so it can be used with remote controller.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. :)

Reactions: Dean_T
Is there any guides on here to LED bulb swaps? I.e.what type of bulbs to order

Reactions: callmegoose
Don't know what's happening with tapatalk. Posts seem to be mysteriously disappearing. I am sure someone asked me why I had done to get the red lights on my photo. Anyway t8ups is your man for LEDs. Send him a pm for what you want

Don't know what's happening with tapatalk. Posts seem to be mysteriously disappearing. I am sure someone asked me why I had done to get the red lights on my photo. Anyway t8ups is your man for LEDs. Send him a pm for what you want

Indeed I saw that post as well and it disappeared after 15minutes. Weird.

What kind of RNSE do you have @callmegoose ?

You might find you already have Bluetooth. I've owned my S3 since May and only just found out it had Bluetooth all along!

Interior light pack with auto lights. Headlights on means interior footwell lights come on. Looks better in the flesh

Any idea how to do this?
I have retrofitted the footwell lights as per the diy, Would like to have them on a low brightness whilst driving if possible

Reactions: Jack Little
Did you take the grill off?

I've just got some black rings but still haven't decided how best to take the chrome ones off.

Hi Mate, Yes I took the grill off when fitting this, reason being is that's it's quite fiddly and I was trying not to snap the little clips. Should only take 30 mins max :)

Heres mine, DIS adjustable, so come on full when the door opens then lowers to ten percent when driving.

Combinined with LED bulbs all round and the ambient roof light 'cheat' pack ;) fitted by @Ash187

10543554_586191284849108_475931637_n.jpg

Being a Black Edition most of the above mentioned is standard, but next upgrade will be some S5 seats when I find a set that isn't rip off money.

But do hate the way the wheels are tucked way inside the arch....and the chrome rings...and the ride height....lol

Haha so easy to add things to the list.

Love the Led's.

What kind of RNSE do you have @callmegoose ?

You might find you already have Bluetooth. I've owned my S3 since May and only just found out it had Bluetooth all along!
Hey, sorry this is quite a late reply......

I found out whoever owned my car before retrofitted it and I don't have bluetooth. Or at least It hasn't been activated using VCDS or anything.

Thats a good idea.. I was looking at replacing the entire grill as I think black on grey would look good instead of the silver but this may do instead for a while.

Heres mine, DIS adjustable, so come on full when the door opens then lowers to ten percent when driving.

Combinined with LED bulbs all round and the ambient roof light 'cheat' pack ;) fitted by @Ash187

10543554_586191284849108_475931637_n.jpg

Being a Black Edition most of the above mentioned is standard, but next upgrade will be some S5 seats when I find a set that isn't rip off money.

But do hate the way the wheels are tucked way inside the arch....and the chrome rings...and the ride height....lol

That looks very smart. I need to get new lights for the interals of the car as I really really don't like those stupid yellow ones Audi give you!

1e688f24d3a17469a74f9bcde3360390.jpg

Just got to do the grill surround and I'm done on exteriors!

Onto ride height and a re map at xmas