B7 to b8 front end

Andy waud

Reaction score
Ive been lookin around and was wondering can a full b8 front end go on a b7 platform. Im guessin both wings bonnet slam panel headlights bumper and grill

Anyone done this or no anythin about it

Andy

this was my 1st thought..
Xzibit happy zps827885af

Then I was surprised to see that it can be done using hoffle kit...
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/576141-B7-to-B8-Conversion

:)

Cheers mate nice one think thats the plan then i think maybe a few changes here and there

anything can be done
but why ?

Reactions: TOM.S
Cheers mate nice one think thats the plan then i think maybe a few changes here and there

Have to say, its not something I would do to a B7.

BTW have you seen the price? Its ridiculous...:scared2::scared2::scared2:

if you want to do it right

then get the full front end from a b8 inc lights.

and graft them on.

I've can't really see much difference between the front of b7's and b8's, if you wanted you could just get a b8 style lower splitter and aftermarket DRL's from eBay (splitter will probably look terrible though and not line up with the body lines).

Because its sumthing different and i live the front end of the b8 it looks evil.

Sd the price is for the kit already done all u need is a b7 bumper and b8 bumper then graftvthem together can be done for 150 quid if u now wat ur doin which i do plus im doin a full respray on my car over crimbo so best time to do it

a4_01.jpg

This is felondnb off edition38 forum, It has a modified b7 bumper with a b8 lower section

Personally, I'd buy a b8.
But it would definitely be different!

Reactions: V6 Quatt and Andy waud
I know loads of B6 folk have put a B7 front on but they are essentially the same car, isn't the B8 wider and longer all round ?

I love what Matt (felondnb) did to his but I'm not sure a full B8 front end would work too well. I would be I interested to see how it turns out though if you go ahead with it.

I have all the B7 bits ready to go on my B6 so I can't really critisize anyone for wanting a newer front haha as said though this will be one heck of a job if it works out, please do a writeup with progress if you don't change your mind.

Reactions: simboti19
Ye i will do dieseljake i shud be startin it this friday ill take loads of picture and do a writeup when its finish :)

Reactions: Jaywoo_A3